Chapter 24

"I seriously almost forgot what home feels like." I said, as I stepped into my apartment, looking around the place. Chase was behind me, helping with the luggage. The both of us flew into LA early in the morning after we got back from the premiere. So many fans were there, screaming and trying to take as many selfies as they could with us. I was complimented by many interviewers, saying how I looked "ravishing", my dress was "outstanding", and my skin was "glowing". What they didn't understand was that under the makeup and smiles, I was broken. 

"Should I leave this here?" Chase asked, interrupting my thoughts. He put my suitcase near the kitchen counter, while he leaned against it. 

"Yeah, that's fine." I gave Chase a hug and thanked him for everything he did. 

"No problem, Ava. But seriously, when that scumbag comes back, I'll-"

"Stop, Chase. You don't have to beat him up." I chuckled. 

"Why would you assume I was going to beat him up? I was going to say that I want to have a serious talk with him." Chase smiled, while I raised an eyebrow. 

"Ok, ok. After our talk, I'll beat him up. Ruin his "perfect face" for you." He laughed, immitating me. 

"I don't sound like that, first of all-"

"Oh, Luke. His face is so angelic and beautiful," Chase said in a higher pitched voice. 

"I never said those things." I crossed my arms. 

"It sounded something like that, though. " 

"Well not anymore." I mumbled. My head hung low, as I traced the patterns on my phone case, trying to avoid the subject of Luke. 

"Are you going to be alright?" Chase asked sympathetically. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I said, trying to laugh. "I've been through rejections and breakups." I snapped. "I'll be fine." 

"Alright, alright. Just asking." he said, putting his hands up in surrender. We then hugged goodbye, and soon he was out the door. I sighed, pacing around the living room. My apartment hasn't been used in a few months, so it took some getting used to. I opened my fridge to reveal some milk, that was probably expired, and other useless stuff. 

"What I'm going to do now?" I said out loud. It was different not living with 4 guys who are very hyper and loud. I missed that. Now, my voice echoed through the rooms, and it was only me. (title reference haha one point for me) 

I spent the rest of the day organizing the place and buying some groceries. For the remaining time, I made myself a list of things to do tomorrow, so I wouldn't sulk around at home again. I was relaxing on the couch, thinking of more things to add to my list, when my phone started to ring. I went over to get it, when I stopped myself. I shook my head, erasing the idea from my mind. It's not Luke, Ava. They're not going to call you. 

It was an old friend of mine from high school, Lindsay. I picked up and said, "Hello?" 

"Hey, girl! How are you?" she asked, enthusiactically. 

"I'm good I guess." I shrugged. "What about you?" 

"I'm fine. You know, we haven't talked in like forever!" she squealed. 

"I know-" 

"We were such great friends before you became this huge movie star!" 

"Alright Lindsay, what is it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Okay, so there's this new bar that just opened yesterday and I heard there's going to be a special performance." As much as I didn't want to spend my night with Lindsay, I really should go out and socialize after being cooped up in hotel rooms. 

"Sure, why not?" I said. 

"Yay! Alright, so be ready by 7 and I'll pick you up. Send me your address." And with that, she hung up. 

I sighed deeply, thinking. It shouldn't be too bad, but Lindsay was known as the party girl back in high school. I texted her my address and went into my room to change out of my sweats. I found a pair of leather pants and paired with a white tank top. I opened an old shoe box with a pair of black heels. I brushed out my hair, straightened it, and took a deep breath. If something happens, then I'll make up some excuse and leave. 

Lindsay arrived exactly at 7:05, apologizing to me for being late. She was always a perfectionist in school, and apparently she still is. 

"Are you ready?" she squealed, her blonde curls bouncing up and down. 

"Ready." I stated, giving her a small smile. She lead me to her car outside and soon, she was driving us somewhere downtown. 

"So, is this the new bar?" I asked her, pointing to a small place across the street. 

"Yep. But, first we need a parking spot." she groaned. After driving in circles, Lindsay finally found a spot to park. 

"Are you ready for the best night of your life, Ava?" Lindsay said, as she unlocked her door. 

"Let's do this." I replied. And get it over with, I thought, smirking to myself. 

We entered the bar; Lindsay flirting with two of the guys smoking outside of it and I standing behind her, rolling my eyes. 

And that's how most of the night went. Lindsay found some random drunk and I sat in the corner booth, shaking the ice in my glass. I really wished Luke were here, so I could lay my head on his shoulder, while he told me everything was going to be okay. Sadly, everything wasn't going to be okay. When the others come back, I wold barely be able to look them in the eyes. Nothing was the same anymore. I kept thinking about everything, swirling the alcohol in my glass, when someone approached. 

"Excuse me, are you here by yourself?" he said. I looked up at him, first noticing his slick black hair. 

"No, actually. My friend brought me here." I said, pointing to Lindsay who was making out with someone. "Actually, don't look back there. I don't want you to ruin your eyes because of my friend." 

"Yeah, thanks for the warning." he chuckled. "What's your name?" 

"Ava-" I stopped short. Should I tell him my name? Would he freak out? "Uh, Ava. Ava Harper." 

"Nice to meet you, Ava Harper." he smiled, outstretching his hand for me to shake. "I'm Logan." 

A/N: Yep....that's all you guys get. But I have break for 17 days!! Which means there will be a lot more updating! Thanks for reading and remember to vote!