Chapter 25

Logan and I talked for a while, the both of us laughing and talking about the most random things ever. 

"I'll be right back," he said, standing up to go to the bar tender. He kept sending me funny faces, as he waited for something. I chuckled and mouthed, "You're so weird." 

Logan came back a few seconds later with two drinks in his hands. "One drink for the lovely lady, and one for me." he smiled. 

"Cheers," I said, as we brought our glasses together. 

"So," he asked, taking a sip. "your friend dragged you here?" 

"Yeah. I mean, we actually haven't hung out as friends since high school. It was kind of weird how she just called me today." 

"That is weird. Or, she just misses you." 

"Yeah, maybe." I said. "So, did one of your friends drag you here?" 

"No, the manager of the place is a family friend, so I have to come here." 

"Their drinks are good, so there's a plus side." I laughed. The more we kept talking, the more I smiled. Luke was officially out of my head and Logan was a funny guy, so it eased my mind. 

"Ava?" Logan said, snapping his fingers in front of my face. 

I came back to reality and said, "Huh?" 

"You looked really deep in thought. Anyways, your phone keeps buzzing. I would check it, if I were you." Of course, I kept getting notifications from twitter. Maybe it's Luke, my subconscious told me. 

"It's fine." I chugged the rest of my drink. "I'd rather talk to you." 

"Are you sure? Not to be rude, I like talking to you, but it could be important." he raised his thick eyebrows. 

"It's just twitter." I shrugged. 

"Does your phone ring, when you get notifications from twitter?" 

"Obviously-"

"No, like your regular ringtone?" Logan's tone of voice caused me to panic, so I pulled out my phone from my bag and looked at the screen. I answered the incoming call, as the alcohol was officially drained out of my body, sobering me up. 

"What happened?" I immediately said into the phone. No response. "Dammit," I cursed under my breath. "I'm sorry, I have to go." I rushed out of the bar, leaving Logan by himself and Lindsay with some random guy. 

I stepped out into the warm air, the clouds above beginning to hover over us. It better not start raining, I thought. I found Calum's name in my contacts and tried to call him back. Long distance calls weren't the easiest, especially if they were in a completely different continent. I kept trying, but it was no use. I went on twitter to see what the commotion was. When I saw it, my eyes widened and my hand covered my mouth. 

"@5SOS: Bad news..Ash isn't well & is in the hospital with appendicitis, so we won't be able to travel to the UK for the @BBCR1 Teen Awards this weekend :("

London, England; 5:46 pm

Luke's POV 

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting. Michael was in the chair across from me, and Calum went to get us some water. We rushed Ashton to the hospital about an hour ago, when he got a really bad pain in his gut. None of us knew what to do. I was scared. 

It was Calum who was already calling 911, when Ashton shouted. We rushed him to the nearest hospital, and now we're just waiting. 

"Here," Calum said, handing me a small paper cup filled with water. I thanked him, drinking the whole thing and crushing the cup. 

"I called Ava, by the way. Well, I tried to." he added.

"What does that mean?" I whimpered. 

"The call kept failing. I couldn't reach her." 

"Oh," was I said to him. I looked towards Michael, who was on his phone, wiping a few tears from his eyes. 

"Michael, you alright?" I asked. 

"Fine," he started. "Actually, I'm not. I'm so fucking stressed out. You know, if Calum didn't call 911 so quick, we could've been too late." He did have a point. 

"I just did what anyone would do," Calum replied, ruffling his hair. 

"Do you think Ava saw our tweet?" I whispered, keeping my gaze on the ugliest ceiling fan ever. 

"Who knows." Michael said. 

After that, silence was around us. I missed Ava, and she always knew how to make me feel better. I would lay my head on her lap, while she ran her fingers through my hair, telling me everything was going to be okay. Hopefully, everything will be okay. 

"I'm going to use the bathroom. Tell me if the doctor has any news on Ash." I said, walking towards the men's room. I checked underneath the stalls to make sure no one was in here, and went into the last stall. I went on my knees and clasped my hands together. 

"God, give Ashton a well recovery...and bring Ava back, please." I cried. I missed everything. My family. My dog. Ava. I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt, when I heard someone come into the bathroom. 

"Luke?" It was Calum. I unlocked my stall and walked out towards him. 

"What did they say?" I asked. 

"He's going into surgery, now. But, he's going to be fine." I let out the breath I was holding and closed my eyes. 

A/N: Sorry, this is so so bad. That's all I guess. And it's ok Luke, men cry, too. 

Thanks for reading and remember to vote!