Chapter 33

Ava's POV

About 10 minutes later I got out of the bathroom and mentally punched myself in the face. What was wrong with me? I groaned and then plopped myself on the couch, turning on the TV to distract myself. I read somewhere that everything happens for a reason, and it is sometimes for the good. If Luke hadn't left for tour without telling me, then we would still be together and I wouldn't be on the couch here trying to move on.

I heard a noise suddenly coming from the kitchen. I lowered the volume on the tv to listen. I got up and went to the kitchen to see Luke's name flashing on my phone screen. 

My first instinct was to pick up, but I decided to wait and pick up on the 5th ring.

I answered the phone and slowly said, "Luke?"

A sigh of relief came from the other end of the call but I ignored it. "Hey Ava, um...I was wondering if you wanted to...you know talk." My heart did a little skip. I hadn't seen Luke in 2 months, ever since he crashed on my couch and brought me home.

I calmly said, "Sure. How about tomorrow?" What? "Um, actually sorry Luke, I have to stay late tomorrow for work." I got a call the other day from my agent, saying that Chase and I both got the audition for Martin Scorsese's new movie. 

"I can pick you up during lunch. I mean unless they don't give you breaks-" 

"No, they do." I cut him off. 

"Ok then I'll see tomorrow."

"Yeah, um bye." I put my phone down and grabbed an Advil and water. Part of me needed to move on from him and kept telling me that he crushed me, but the other part of me wanted to see him one more time, just to look at his ocean blue eyes and hear his laugh, just one more time. "What the heck?" I said to myself, letting the emotions come tumbling back.

~~~~~

I was tired and sweaty by the time we finished the scene. Chace and I had to climb this "building" and we had to redo it at least 20 times, since the director wasn't pleased. 

"Lunch break everyone!"

I wiped the sweat on my forehead with the sleeve of my shirt as I walked over to the dressing room to grab my bag.

"Hey, aren't you hungry? They actually brought good sandwiches today. Like normal, human-looking sandwiches." Chase said.

"Actually, I'm going out for lunch." Chase arched his eyebrow, and I rolled my eyes. "Chase stop, it's just Luke." 

He stared at me like I was crazy. "What happened to the whole "I'm moving on" thing?"

"Look, he just wanted to talk, that's it."

"Alright, have fun, but don't be late." He said, pointing his finger at me. I giggled and made my way out of my dressing room.

Suddenly I saw Luke waiting for me. He faced me and said "Uh...hey sorry if I'm early. It looks cool here."

"Yeah, I had to climb that thing like 30 times." I said, pointing to our "building.

"Must've been tiring." He said, and then lead me to his car. We got in and the ride to lunch was silent. 

When we arrived, I quickly pushed the car door open and stepped out for air. The air in the car was suffocating, and I couldn't bear another minute of silence and occasional stares. When I looked up, I saw a Target, and next to it was Starbucks. What a surprise. 

"I guess some people don't change. Am I right?" Luke looked up and then caught on that I was talking about him and his choice of cafe.

"Uh...yeah, I guess." This was already so awkward. After we ordered our drinks; he got the usual caramel frappuccino, and I got the double chocolate chip frappuccino, we took our seats at this table towards the back, since the paparazzi would notice us.