Chapter 36

Ava’s POV

The drive home wasn’t too interesting, since the paparazzi weren’t that crazy that afternoon, and I got to go home in peace. I quickly called Michael to tell him that I was in going to stop by my house first to change, but he didn’t pick up. My heart felt as if it sank. I missed these boys like crazy and they were so busy now with everything going on, that all I wanted was one conversation. A small part of me also wanted to talk to Luke. I had raced out on him at Starbucks, after he revealed what actually happened.

I still couldn’t wrap my head around his story though, because it seemed true, but it didn’t sound at all like Luke. It definitely did not seem like something he would do. He kept his eyes low, and was fumbling with his fingers a lot. 

I shook my head, and tried to focus on the road ahead of me. I really shouldn’t take what happened too far. I pulled into the parking lot, and took the elevator upstairs to my apartment. Just as I opened the door, my phone buzzed.

I picked it up and saw that it was a text from Michael saying, “Sorry I didn’t pick up :( We just left the studio and are at the house :)”

I smiled at his text and replied with, “Ok, I’ll be there.”

I quickly changed my clothes and rushed out of the house, excited to see my friends. 

I pulled into the 5sos house driveway, and parked. Excitement filled my head, as I was skipping away to the front door step. I knocked on the door, excited to see them, when Ashton opened the door.

"AVA’S HERE!” He yelled into the house. He then engulfed me in a hug, and I hugged him right back.

"I missed you guys so much. It feels like forever.” I said into his shoulder.

Ashton let go of me and then rubbed a hand through his hair. “Well, it actually has been forever.” He hugged me again. “We’re just glad that you’re here now.”

Ashton shut the door and then we walked into the living room to find a shirtless Calum. “Ava!” He hugged me too, and said “What's happenin’ sista?” 

“Nothing much.” I shrugged, while raising my eyebrows at his shirtless figure.

Calum looked down and then said,” Oh yeah, we were in the pool and so I just changed, but I couldn’t find my shirt so…” 

“Excuses, excuses.” I chuckled. Suddenly, Luke walked in, in only a swimming trunks. His blond hair was wet and all out of place, which was uncommon to see on Luke. His cheeks suddenly turned to a shade of pink, when he saw me. We all started laughing at the awkward scene, since now Calum and Luke were shirtless.

After laughing, a sudden burst of bravery came over me and I walked right up to Luke and said, "Hi, Luke." 

LUKE’S POV

“Yo, pass me a towel.”

I grabbed the nearest towel and threw it to Michael. Being back home felt great, so the boys decided to go in for a swim, after we jumped on our beds of course. 

“I’m going to take a quick shower!” I yelled to Michael, who just dived into the pool for the fifteenth time in the last five minutes. I just rolled my eyes and walked into the living room, only to find Calum, Ashton and Ava. Ava.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, since I was only in shorts. And then, they all started laughing. Laughing? Did I really look that stupid? Then Ava smiled that golden smile of hers, and walked over to me. 

“Hi, Luke." She was still smiling, her chocolate eyes boring into my blue ones. Why was she so happy? 

“For God's sake Luke, reply to the damn girl.” Ashton said, jokingly. Calum chuckled.