Chapter 2

A/N: So in this story they're in their house in LA. Thanks for reading!

"Michael I swear to god, if you post that picture of me, I will have to hunt you down and kill you." I said, as I was trying to get my phone back. I jumped up in attempt to reach it, but of course I was no match for his height.

"Jesus Michael, just give her the phone back." Calum said. We were all stuck in the dressing room, waiting for Ashton to get out of hair and makeup. It's been about one month since we all first met, and I couldn't ask for better friends. Some might think that it's weird to care so much about them, but they're like brothers to me. Last week, Luke insisted that I sleepover at their house. Michael just thought that he was being a pervert, but Calum and Ashton agreed. After we finished filming, we all got in the car and drove to their house. The drive wasn't too far, and thank god for that, because Luke's cheeks kept turning pink when I caught him staring.

"Welcome to the fortress of 5sos." Ashton yelled. I stepped in the house, and it was seriously the typical kind of house that boys shared. There was a huge leather couch plopped in the middle of the living room that also had a TV, and a lot of tangled wires plugged into an Xbox. "It's a nice house." I said. "Yea, but it gets better at night." Calum said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I just shook my head. "I bet it does." I remarked sarcastically.

"Hey, we party hard." Luke says. The one time that Luke says something, I end up laughing. And so do the others.

Luke's eyes go wide as he says, "What did I say?" He takes his lip ring in hand and begins to play with it, which I noticed was a habit of his. I put a hand on his shoulder and say, "The whole 'party hard' thing was funny, young Lucas." He gave me another one of his smiles that made all girls' knees go weak.

"Luke stop flirting with her." Michael groaned.

Luke immediatly faced the other direction, and I took my hand off of his shoulder. "What a buzzkill." I said to Luke. He faced me again. "I know. I have to deal with that negativity all the time." He said, while laughing.

That same night, we all planned to watch a movie and stay up late, but we were all so tired, so we ended up just going to bed. Ashton arranged a guest bedroom for me, and ever since then, they've been persuading me to live with them. "Come on Ava! Our house is closer to the studio, which is where you will be driving for the next month and a half maybe." Calum said. As if proving another point, he shot his hands in the air and said, "And we can all go in the same car, BOOM! Saves gas." He smirked at me and said, "Ava Harper, I just saved you some money."

There was a long pause, but I soon gave up. "You know what, fine." I said, throwing my hands up in defeat. They all screamed and hugged me, almost breaking all of my bones.

~~~~~~~

"Ava....Earth to Ava...?" I snapped out of my own world, only to find Luke looking straight into my eyes with concern.

"Oh uh- I-I'm sorry." I get up from the couch and begin walking behind the other boys.

"It's fine. You were pretty deep in thought, though." He turns around to face me as we walk down the hallway.

"Yea..."

"What were you thinking about?" Luke asked.

"Nothing much. Just...stuff."

"That was a terrible answer."

"Well, you asked me what I was thinking about, so I told you."

"So you were thinking about stuff? Be specific, Ava." Luke says, and smiles.

"Ok....well I was thinking about how you all kept begging me to live with you guys. I actually thought that it was weird at first to live with four guys, but it's not so bad. I now enjoy blasting music through the house."

"Yea, my mom always yelled at me for blasting music through the house. Now, it's kinda my job-"

"To blast music?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, yea. We are a rock band after all." He says, posing. I just rolled my eyes and then we joined the others on the set.

By the time we got home, it was 10:23 pm. "My shoulder hurts." Calum whined.

"My head hurts." Ashton said.

"Can we order pizza, guys?" Michael said.

"Michael we just had pizza for lunch." Luke complained.

"I'm actually in the mood for Chinese." I stated.

We all gathered in the living room, bored to tears. "I still think we should get Chinese." I stated once again. "You're still hungry?" Ashton said.

"Well, I didn't really have lunch today, so yes I am hungry. But the real question is, Chinese or pizza?" We all voted on Chinese, since Michael ordered pizza for lunch. While waiting for the food to arrive, Calum suggested a game.

"Yes we have to play!" Ashton yelled in enthusiasm. Then, he made us all sit in a circle and tweeted, "You guys can ask us questions all night #Ask5sosandAva" To my right was Ashton, who was busy reading tweets, and to the left of me was Luke. He was staring off into space and playing with his lip ring. I really couldn't help but stare at his facial features. His ocean eyes were looking straight ahead, not caring what was happening right now. His pink lips were slightly chapped, probably from biting them. All of a sudden, a rush of heat came to my cheeks as everything about him interested me. No, this is just a stupid crush, you'll get over it, my subconscious reminded me.

I took a breath of air, and turned to face Ashton. I quickly glanced over to Luke, only to find him still staring into nowhere. "Ok, so each person will get a turn to pick one question for another. Ok?" We all nodded in agreement. "I'll go first." I said. Ashton passed the phone over to me and I scrolled through the questions. "Oh here's a good one."

"Let me see!" Luke said, snapping back into reality. He leaned over my shoulder and I could feel his breath tickling my neck. "Um- ok Ashton, this one is for you. @lashtonislife says for you to break open the Nutella seal with your aerodymanic nose again." I announced proudly.

"Aw come on." He grumbled. The four of us followed Ashton into the kitchen, where we thankfully found a new case of Nutella. Before starting Ashton said, "I hate you. All of you."

"Sure you do." Michael remarked. Then, the Nutella seal met Ashton's nose, and we were all on the ground laughing. "Wait," I said, taking a breath, "Is-is it broken?" A long silence came upon us, as Ashton looked up at us.

"No."

The laughter began again. Even Ashton started to laugh, and after that, we were out of breath. I wiped the tears that we were forming at the brink of my eyes from laughing so much, and sat back down in the circle.

More questions were asked, and soon it was Michael's turn. "Ok, Luke, I have one for you." Luke took a deep breath, as if preparing himself for what was coming. "Would you ever kiss Ava?" Another silence dawned upon us, but this was more of a deadly silence. Luke's cheeks turned to that same shade of pink, and I can feel the others staring at us. "I can uh, leave the room if you want." I said. Without an answer, I got up and left the room. The first room I went to was the bathroom. I closed the door and sat on the tiled floor. Did I really have feelings for Luke? If I did, then that would completely ruin the friendship. I thought about how I would be with Luke in a year or two, if he didn't return the feelings. Everything would be so awkward between us and even his bandmates, because I would just be that crazy girl who developed feelings for her best friend.