Chapter 6🤦🏿‍♀️

"You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated."

-Maya Angelou

I hated hospitals. I hated the rude ass nurses and I hated the smell. I was sitting in the corner of the room staring at Jah as he slept. What was supposed to be a good night ended in a fucking disaster. King was pacing the room and it was honestly was irritating me. I needed for him to sit the fuck down.

All that was said was that his car got shot up and obviously he did too. One of bullets were inches away from his heart. Hearing that scared me because I didn't want to lose him. they said he lost a lot of blood and he was going to be in the hospital for some time. He was shot a total of 4 times. Shit was really crazy. I just wanted to know what led to this.

"King can you stop moving and sit the fuck down." I said while rubbing my temple.

"Sit down for what Akashaa? I'm fucking frustrated and my bestfriend almost fucking died so you want me to sit still?" He asked.

I shook my head at him and leaned back.

"You acting like we ain't almost lose the same person the fuck. You pacing ain't helping shit."

"Bro stop fucking talking to me."

"Chill out King 'cause you taking your anger out on the wrong person. You pacing back in forth is making my head hurt. You've been on your feet since you got here. Sit down man." Bryan said.

He sucked his teeth but sat down anyway. My phone kept going off and I knew it was people asking how Jah was doing. I honestly didn't want to reply to any of them but I knew that if I was in their position, I would want an answer. I replied to everybody and put my phone back in my purse. I got up and grabbed my chair so I could sit next to his bed.

We were supposed to be home, cuddled up in bed right now watching a scary movie of my choosing. Laughing and playing around until we both got tired and I fell asleep in his arms. Or him in mine since he was a big ass baby. I wanted to close my eyes, count back from 10 slowly and when I opened them, that's where we would be.

I rubbed small circles on the back of his hand and just looked at him. He would survive this, of course he would. There was nothing that he couldn't overcome. I sighed and laid my head on the bed and closed my eyes. I hated this shit.

✨✨✨

I had to go pick up Yani from my grandparents house today and I knew that she would be looking for Jah. She loved that man so much and they were inseparable. He should be up by the time I go and get her so I was going to bring her by the hospital so she could see him.

I grabbed my keys off of my dresser and left out of the house. I knew my grandparents, especially my grandmother, were going to ask me a lot of questions that I didn't have answers to. Jah has grown on them and they considered him family. Loved him like he was one of their own and I appreciated that.

When I got to the house, I tried to clear any negative thoughts that I was thinking because I didn't want the type of energy around my baby. She didn't need to feel that. I knocked on the door and my uncle answered. He grew on them also so he and his family were there often.

"How you doing Sha?" He asked while pulling me into a hug.

"I'm fine. Could be better. You?" I asked.

"I'm good and things will turn around. he's strong." I nodded my head and walked into the house.

Walking into the living room, Yani was sitting down on the floor watching some movie.