Chapter 21😛

"I've been sad inside and he could see it. Picked up your pieces. We are just alike."
~Spotless Mind~
-Jhene Aiko

Devin ran his hands along my body as I straddled him. We had just got done having sex and I was on cloud nine. This was different but it didn't top Jah's different.

I looked down at Devin who was staring at me. I guess shit got real hectic after we had left the club yesterday cause all I seen on my timeline was people talking about it.

"You hungry?" He asked.

I nodded my head yes and went to move off of him but he stopped me. I cocked my head to the side.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"We going again?" He asked before rubbing his hands on my butt.

"No sir we are not. I'm tired. Legs is sore." I said climbing off of him.

He laughed. "You're the best I ever had and I'm not saying that to be corny or nothing. I haven't been with a lot of women but you top them all."

I was stuck. I didn't even know how to respond to that and I was praying that he didn't ask if he was better than anybody that I've slept with causee I didn't want to hurt his pride.

"Thank you?" I said unsure.

"It's a compliment sweetheart. You're welcome." He said before getting up and walking to the bathroom.

✨✨✨

We were seated at IHOP and I was starving. I've been craving their pancakes for a minute now. They were so good.

"So Akashaa."

I looked up at him, giving him my full attention.

"Wassup." I said.

"You remember a couple months back when we were having a conversation about me not knowing what I want to do besides the barbershop and shit?" He asked.

I nodded my head and sipped from my drink.

"Well I decided that I want to go back to school to be a doctor." He said.

I chocked on my drink and he looked at me funny.

"You serious?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

"I want a challenge and I know that doing this would give me the push that I need. I don't need to be at the barbershop all the time and I'm still going to work on expanding it."

I smiled at him. "If this is what you really want to do than I support your decision."

He grabbed my right hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Thank you Akashaa. That means a lot to me."

The waiter walked over to our table with our food and right on cue my stomach started to growl.

I didn't care if every piece of pancake burned my tongue. My stomach was touching my fucking back and I couldn't wait no longer.