Chapter 25💨

"Uh, driving through Brooklyn sippin' this Hennessy. I knew this break up would get to me eventually. I'm all drunk and shit, look what you did to me. I wonder if you still love me or even missing me. Or even mention me."
~Karma Krys~
- Young M.A

I was walking through the mall trying to figure out what I was going to give baby girl for her going away gift. She's been on her Shit lately and I was so proud of her.

I didn't know if I wanted to get her the silver Rollie she's been eyeing or that damn necklace she's been talking my ear off about. I knew she didn't really care what I got her. As long as it came from the heart.

We've been doing real good this past year and we were both in a good head space. All that back and forth that we were doing wasn't good for none of us so us coming back together like we did was amazing to me.

I love her with all my heart and I think I was ready to be her husband. Be the man that she needs. Shit, I was ready to plant my seed in her. I wanted her to give me my first son.

My phone vibrated in my pocket indicating that I was getting a call. Pulling my phone from my pocket, I instantly groaned. What did she want?

"Hello?" I answered.

"Jahvon. Where are you at right now?" My mother asked.

"At the mall. Wassup?"

"Can you come over after you're done shopping? I want to talk to you and Chu."

I haven't spoke to my mother since I got shot. She still felt away about Akashaa and Yani and I didn't want to be around any of that negativity.

I walked into Pandora to go pick up this bracelet that King had ordered for baby girl. She was going to love this shit.

"Sure." I said before hanging up.

I hoped that this little sit down would go by fast and I wouldn't leave her house mad but knowing my mother she always knew how to push a niggas buttons.

✨✨✨

I walked into my mothers house and could smell that perfume she was always wearing. It was too sweet for my liking but she loved that shit.

I seen Chu sitting down in the living room playing the game. He was into it. Nigga didn't even see me walk in. The air conditioner was blowing and I was thankful for it. It was hot as hell outside today.

I slapped him in the back of his head and he threw a pillow at me. I laughed.

"Where's your mother at?" I asked him.

"She's in the kitchen I believe. She's been acting real strange lately. I don't know wassup with her." He responded, still not looking at me.

"What you mean?" I asked.

He sucked his teeth and paused the game. Upset that I was throwing him out of his zone. I didn't care though.

"She's been happy as hell lately. Not to say that that is a bad thing because about fucking time but it's strange. There's always some random ass nigga coming to pick her up."

I scratched my chin. "Oh she got some new shit coming here. I feel like that's what she wants to talk to us about."

He groaned. "I don't want to hear none of that shit man. She grown. She can do what she wanna do. I don't feel like having to meet some bozo ass nigga."

And as if on cue, my mother walks into the living room.

"Watch y'all mouths in my house and I invited him over actually. He should be here any minute." She said smiling.

"So we talking or not? I feel like ima little too grown to be trynna sit here and meet the man you dealing with. I'll catch him whenever I decided to come back over here." I said.

"Why wait? Now is a perfect time and yes we're going to talk. He's apart of it." She responded.

I sighed and sat down next to Chu on the couch. I honestly didn't want to meet whoever this was and I wanted to know what he had to do with this talk.

✨✨✨

There was a knock at the door. My mom quickly jumped up, straightened her dress and walked over towards the door.

Chu looked at me the same time I looked at him and shook his head. Who the fuck had my mother acting like this?

She came into the living room with him and I was confused. My confusion quickly turned into anger. Why the fuck was he here? My leg started to bounce and I cracked my knuckles.

"You know him?" Chu asked me.

"That's our father." I said.

I was looking at my spitting image. I had to admit that his genes were strong as fuck. I could be his twin.

"So this is the man that I've been wanting you two to meet. Your father." My mom said smiling.

Chu started laughing and I knew that he was getting mad. Shit why wouldn't he be? This nigga impregnated my mother twice and left her to take care of two children and had some other nigga take care of his kids.

Rodney, who raised me until I was 13 wasn't shit either. I understood that my mother cheated but damn nigga you was my father. You didn't have to abandon us.

I was 5 years old when my mother had Chu. Rodney had been in my life since I was 3 years old so I assumed that he was my father and Chu's father. Come to find out that nigga wasn't neither of our fathers.

My mother was creeping with our birth father while she was with him and ended up getting pregnant. He assumed that Chu was his so he decided to marry my mother.

Throughout the 10 years they've been together, my mother cheated on him back to back. He got tired of that shit and just left us. Ain't shit ass nigga.

My mother was out of her damn mind. What she thought? Niggas was gonna be happy to see him? I felt like I was reliving Bryan and Ryan's day they father decided to pop up.

I don't want nothing to do with this man. He wasn't shit to me. I stood up, dapped up Chu and walked straight past them.

"Jahvon! Are you serious?!" My mother called after me.

"You want us to rekindle with a nigga that never been there for us? Yeah aight." I said turning to face her.

Chu walked out of the house and walked straight past me to my car.

"So you're leaving too Kayvon?" She asked.

"What you want us to stay for? He didn't."

I shook my head at her. She was crazy as fuck. I walked to my car and got in.

"Nigga you was really going to leave me with them?" Chu asked me.

I laughed. "I knew you was coming."