Chapter 2🧿

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
-Dalai Lama

It has been a week since I burned the house down and I could honestly say that things were going good. It looked like everything was headed in the right direction for everyone.

I pulled into Kings driveway and could see that there were mad people here already. The parties that this man be throwing were too much at times. Like how did you know all of these people?

You could hear the music coming from inside the house so I already knew how this was going to turn out. I turned around and looked at Yani who was staring out of the window, sucking on her thumb. I smiled at her and gathered my things from the passenger seat.

After taking her out of the car, I headed towards the front door. Pushing it open, I was invited in by the smell of food and the obviously loud music.

You could see that people were enjoying themselves. It was always positive vibes around here. I made my way straight to the kitchen, where I knew that I would find Tina.

She was dressed in this nice dress with a purple apron around her body. She was mixing something in a bowl and I could see that she was also in the process of making her greens.

"Hey." I said while sitting Yani down in a chair.

"Hey. Hi Yani." She said before walking over to her and pinching her cheeks.

"How's the cooking going so far? You need any help?" I asked her.

She shook her head no. "I just have to make the greens , macaroni and the pies. Today is going to be a good day."

Ryan walked in and picked up Yani. "Look at you getting all big on me. I missed you." He said while kissing her cheeks.

She laughed and grabbed the sides of his face. "I swear all she do is eat."

"You better be feeding her or I know something." He said pointing at me.

I rolled my eyes and left out the kitchen to look for King. He was sitting at the table in the dining room, smoking.

I smiled and sat down right next to him. "How you feeling?" I asked referring to his leg.

"Better. Much better. I thought this shit was going to slow me down a little bit. I got a little limp but I'm cool with that." He said.

"You know all that shit could've been avoided right? It didn't have to go down like that."

"You know I don't play about you or anybody that I care about. So yes, it did have to go down like that."

I sighed and looked around the room. "I just wish it went differently. All this drama shit is killing me."

"What did you expect to happen Akashaa? You though this shit was just peaches and cream? Like everything was supposed to go smoothly? You know how this shit goes." He said.

"I know."

"Listen all this shit is behind us right? You don't have niggas coming at you anymore right? I did what needed to be done and so did you."

Shit was never changing and it annoyed the fuck out of me. I just wanted everything to be different from now on 'cause I didn't have time to deal with shit like this anymore. Especially with my daughter around.

"It's all good Sha. We're good. Let that shit go." He said, looking at me.

I nodded my head. "Okay."

✨✨✨

It was going on 6 o'clock and everybody was still here partying. I was getting tired and I wanted to go home and sleep. I walked to Tina's room and seen that Yani was sprawled out, sleeping.

"You ready to go?" She asked me.

I nodded my head and stretched. "Yeah. I'm tired."

"I can keep her for the next couple of days. Give you a little break." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course. Plus I need the company. I be bored around here."

I smiled. "Thank you." I said before kissing her cheek and Yani's before walking out of the room.

I walked around the house looking for Jah and I spotted him outside with the guys. I smiled as I made my way over to them. I haven't been around them all together in a minute.

"Look who finally came to join us." Bryan said.

"I came to get my man." I said before sitting down next to Jah.

He wrapped his arm around me Nd kissed the top of my head. "You ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded my head and leaned into him. "Y'all discussing business?"

"Yeah. We're finishing up though. Give me like 5."

"Of course."

✨✨✨

I made my way to my bedroom and got undressed. Sleep was calling my name and I was ready for it to take over my body. I walked into my bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste to brush my teeth.

I heard Jah coming up the stairs eating something. I swear he didn't know how to chew with his mouth closed. He walked into the bathroom and looked at me through the mirror.

"You good?" He asked me.

I nodded my head and continued to brush my teeth. "I just feel like today was long." I said before yawning.

He nodded his head. "Hurry up and meet me in the bedroom."

I playfully rolled my eyes and shook my head. I already knew where this was headed. After rinsing out my mouth. I wrapped my hair up and made my way into the room. He was sprawled out on the bed, mouth wide open, snoring.

He couldn't stay up for nothing but it's okay cause I was drained too. I turned off the tv and closed my door before crawling into bed and letting sleep take over me.