Chapter 1✨

"I know for sure what we dwell on is what we become."

7 Months Earlier;

I heard something fall from the closet. I slowly turned around and walked towards the noise. I slowly opened the door and I stood still. I couldn't move. I was stuck. This couldn't be real. My mind was playing tricks on me once again. I didn't know what to think. I dropped the painting I had in my hand and fell to the ground.

I woke up on the bed and was confused as hell. I was wondering if what I seen was real or was all this just a dream. I got up off the bed and made my way back to the room just to make sure I wasn't tripping. I pushed the door open and seen that all the safes were open. All the money was still in there cause I knew that I didn't get to take any out yet.

I turned towards the closet door and seen that it was open. Where was he? I left out the room and walked around the house looking for him. I couldn't have imagined him. Apart of me wanted this shit to be real.

I walked outside and there he was sitting down on one of the chairs just lookin out towards the water. He was real. It was really him. He looked up at me and smiled before standing up. I looked up at him and just stared. Wondering why this was all happening right now. He looked the same as he did the last day I saw him. Looked a little skinnier though, like he could use some home cooked meals.

"Hi Sha." He said, finally breaking the silence.

I didn't speak. Not that I didn't want to, it just felt like I couldn't. Why was I not able to speak to my father?

He pulled me into his arms and rocked us back and forth. "I'm sorry baby."

"Why did you lie?" I asked, slowly pulling away from him.

"I had to. I had to make it seem like this shit was real. Like y'all really lost me. I couldn't make it known that I was alive cause then this shit wouldn't have went right."

I moved away from him and went and sat down.

"It was a look alike that Tank killed. I was there at the funeral but where nobody could see me. It pained me to see you and your mother like that but it needed to be done."

"You say that but I don't understand why." I said looking over at him.

"it's always killed or be killed Mei you know that. He was too close to getting me and I was close to finishing what I started. I needed him to think that he got one up on me. For him to feel powerful."

I looked at the water and relaxed with the air. "What did you start?" I asked him.

"There was this dude named Benzino who hated me more than Tank did. Just like Tank, he wanted to take everything from me. A year before I got into that fight with Tank, me and a couple of niggas robbed his house. We stole mad bread  and coke from him, thinking that this was the best shit in the world.'

He sighed before speaking again. "He found out that it was us and he went looking for us. He ended up killing the dudes that was with me but he didn't get to get to me. I thought it was to teach me a lesson or some shit but it wasn't even like that. He found out about the beef between me and Tank and  tried to use that shit against me."

He pulled a blunt out of his pocket and sparked it.

"That's were the hit came from but Dino called it off.  We fought and then that was it. I didn't hear from Tank or Benzino but I knew that Benzino would come after me sooner or later so I just prepared myself.  That's where faking my death came into play. I needed him to believe that Tank killed me. They both believed it."

"So you killed him?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "It took me a minute to actually pinpoint where he be at but I did. it played out well. He kept in contact with Tank and  once Tank found out that he was dead, he got scared. He became sloppy with his murders. making himself an easy target."

"I killed him you know." I said to him.

"I heard. I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself and protecting what was yours at all costs."

"I had to. I couldn't let nothing nobody did to me slide. You didn't raise me like that." I said looking over at him.

He nodded his head. "You know that I had your grandparents watching you?" He asked me.

"No. Grandma told me that she wanted to reach out to me whenever she saw me. I understand why she couldn't."

"Yeah. How's your mother and my granddaughter?"

I smiled at that question. "Mom is good. She's been very happy ever since she has gotten clean and she has a friend named Tina that helped her out. My daughter is a happy baby. She doesn't cry that much, she loves when the attention is on her."

He laughed at that. "She's just like you when you were her age. Always demanding attention without actually being able to say it. That's wassup. Your mother... she's not seeing anybody is she?" He asked.

I had to laugh at that. "Nahh. I don't think she's been looking for someone new. To stick on you."

"Good. Ion have to kill nobody now. Come on. Let's collect your money and go home." He said while standing up.

"Is this the last of the money?" I asked.

"For you , yes. There is plenty more but I figured that this would be enough for you."

"More than enough actually but I appreciate it. Thank you."

✨✨✨

We just landed from the flight and all I wanted to do was be with my baby. I missed her chubby cheeks.

Walking out of the airport, I saw Jah holding Yani, standing next to my mother. I knew she was going to lose her shit once she saw my dad. It's been so long since they've seen each other.

I smiled walking over to Jah and took Yani from his arms. Kissing her cheeks and then her forehead. Jah leaned down and kissed my forehead, pulling me into his body.

I turned and watched as my mom embraced my dad in a hug. I knew that she was pissed at him but she wouldn't let anybody else see that.

We all got in the car and made our way home. Finally, some peace.