Chapter 26⏳

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift."
-Mary Oliver

Omniscient

Midnight paced the hospital hallway. He hated hospitals. From the doctors down to the smell. He didn't want to be here. He shouldn't be here.

Ever since his mother fell ill from cancer, his life had flipped upside down. He'd rather have niggas shooting at him than to be in a hospital looking at his mothers pale face.

His mother had 3 kids, him being the baby. He was always his mothers favorite because she felt like he understood her more than the others did. Which was true.

The other two kids weren't shit and honestly wouldn't amount to nothing in his eyes. No matter how successful they were, they still wouldn't be shit. He despised them.

How could you go against the person that brought you into this world? Who would give you their last if you needed it. How could you treat your own mother like shit?

Midnight never understood why his siblings were the way they were. They grew up poor but got everything they wanted. What the fuck was their issue?

Yanette watched her son pace the hallway. He couldn't bear to look at her sick old body. He was hurting and she could see that. Her poor baby.

The cancer had gotten the best of her and she was too tired to fight it. She would be leaving her children alone in the world to fend for themselves. They were grown but she still felt like they needed her guidance.

Their fathers were non existent. They didn't want anything to do with their kids and she never understood how she could have gotten the rotten apple 3 times in a row. She thought they all were different. Better than the last.

Her son and daughter were nowhere to be found. She had been in the hospital for the past 4 hours and they have yet to show face.
She knew that this made Jontez mad. Hell she was pissed her damn self but what could she do?

Midnight finally walked back into the room where his mother resides and sat down in the chair. He was drained. He didn't want to lose his mother so soon. He grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"Get some sleep." He said.

✨✨✨

Devin was currently laid up with his little boo. He couldn't help but to think about his baby mother in that moment. She was supposed to be his bestfriend so why was she doing him like this?

He met her when he was 15 years old so you know the way they felt for each other was deep. He loved her and loved the child that they have created together.

It was only right for her to have his first child and the fact that she was having his first son made it even better.

The past couple of months haven't been the easiest for him. She was doing way too much when it came to him being in his sons life. He wanted to be there in every way possible.

He was dealing with someone else and felt like she was jealous. How could she be though. She was his baby and nothing would change that.