Chapter 8🤷🏿‍♀️

"You do not find the happy life , you make it."

-Camilla Eyring Kimball

It's been a couple of days since Jah got shot and has been in the hospital. Everybody has been on edge and have been careful with the moves they've been making. I was getting annoyed with people checking up on me every minute of the day but I knew that it was for my own good. 

Jah was making good progress and would be able to come home tomorrow. I knew he was going to go out looking for the guy who killed him and he wouldn't rest until he was dead. I waned him to focus on his recovery but I knew that would just go in one ear and out the other. I wasn't going to waste my breath on that shit.

"What time is Jah getting discharged from the hospital tomorrow?" My dad asked, coming into the kitchen.

"After 12 I believe." I said while grabbing the grapes out of the fridge.

"You look tired. Have you been sleeping?"

I shook my head no. "My procrastination has been getting to me and I've been putting my assignments on hold so I completed all of them last night."

He chuckled. "You're just like your mother. Always wanting to do shit at the last minute."

"The fact that i get i all done is the  reason why I will continue to procrastinate. I wouldn't be me if I didn't."

"You're getting all your shit done though. I'm really proud of you. You're on your shit, working and taking care of baby girl. I know it's hard on you at times but you keep that shit up. You're strong."

"Thank you. I needed to hear that." I said, holding back tears.

Shit did get hard at times but I knew  it wouldn't always be like this.

✨✨✨

It was going on 10 O'clock and Yani was finally sleeping. She was trying to fight her sleep as much as she could but as always, she lost that battle. I was surprised that she wasn't sleep hours earlier seeing as that she was running wild all day. Walking into my room, I heard my phone going off, indicating that I had got a message. I got a message from some girl on messenger. 

"I'm coming to you as a women. I just want you to know that I'm pregnant and it's Jahvons. I've been trying to get in contact with him for months but he hasn't been responding to me." I read out loud.

I started laughing 'cause no way. No fucking way. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and counted back from 10. Another messaged appeared. She texted me again. It was a picture of her ultrasound and a picture of both of them laid up. She was 4 months pregnant. I just wanted to go to sleep but of course I would get hit with bullshit. I took a screenshot and sent it to Jah. Here we fucking go.

Immediately he facetimed me. I was ready for what he had to say about this shit.

"You gon let me explain or you gon black on me?" He asked as soon as I answered.

I cocked my head to the side. "Go ahead."

"To make a long story short she was some girl I was messing around with when we were on our lil break. As far as me  being the father of her child, it's not mine. I stopped fucking with her months ago and when we fucked, I always used a condom." He said before shrugging.

I nodded my head slowly and just looked a him. I never knew that he was fucking somebody during our break and to say that I was feeling some type of way was an understatement.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me.

"You was fucking on somebody while we were on a break. Cool."

He scrunched up his face. "You deadass?" 

"All I said was cool." I said.

He rubbed his hand own his face and I could tell I was making him mad but I wasn't doing it intentionally, I think. I understand that we were on a break but damn you really went and fucked somebody?

"Akashaa, I'm not doing this shit with you tonight. I didn't want nothing else to do with Tami but to fuck. She wanted more and I didn't. She's trying to be funny."

"How did she find me?" I asked out loud.

"She was looking for you obviously. She wanna fuck with you to make you mad and fuck up what we got going on. I'll check her." He said moving around, trying to get comfortable.

"Oh you gon' check her." I said.

"Oh you deadass. I'm a let you go 'cause I know you're tired, you pissing me off and I don't feel like arguing with you tonight. Go kiss my baby for me." He said before hanging up.

I know the fuck he didn't. I was going to call him back but I knew that he wouldn't answer. I knew I was pissing him off but I really did feel some type of way that he was fucking around with some random. But then again, how could I feel some type of way when we weren't together?

Shit's crazy.