Chapter 15⛸

"Looking back on it, at least my pride is intact. 'Cause we said "no strings attached" and I still got tied up in that."
~The Motion~
-Drake

I laid down on my bed just staring at the ceiling. I was bored out of my mind. I needed something to do. I was finished with school. Obviously didn't have to work today and my mom and Tina stole Yani.

Sometimes I feel like I see her less and less and that made me sad. I be missing her whenever she's gone.

Everybody seemed to be busy today so that left me alone with my thoughts. Which I didn't want to be. Every time I was alone, I couldn't help but to think about Jahvon. Like I knew he needed space away from me but I'm so used to talking to him everyday.

Shit wasn't supposed to be going like this. He was supposed to be here, laying next to me talking about his clothing line and our future.

I was growing irritated with myself though. I was making it seem like my world revolved around this man and it definitely didn't. He was just my happiness.

✨✨✨

I was scrolling through my contact list and stopped at Devin's name. I haven't talked to him in a minute and I wanted to see what he was up to.

I pushed the FaceTime icon and watched as the phone rang. He picked up on the 3rd ring and looked confused at first.

"So you finally deciding to use my number?" He asked before smiling.

"Yes. I wanted to see what you were doing."

"Shit. Watching some movie. What you doing?" He asked.

"I'm bored. You wanna go get something to eat with me?"

"Oh you wanna be seen with me out in public?"

I rolled my eyes. "Boy you ask a lot of questions. Yes or no sir?"

He licked his bottom lip and my eyes followed.

"Yeah, I could eat. Where you trynna meet at?"

"Let's go to The King's Kitchen. I haven't been there before. Meet up in 20 minutes?"

"Aight I'll see you in 20." He said before smiling at me.

I smiled back and hung up.

✨✨✨

I pulled up the same time as Devin and was happy for that. I didn't wanna wait, my stomach was touching my back.

He got out the car and came to mine, opening my door. I thanked him and we walked into the restaurant. It was nice in here. I loved the energy I was getting.

We got seated and Devin just stared at me. I scrunched up my face and cocked my head to the side.

"Yes?" I asked.

He gave me the once over. He just kept staring at me and It had me feeling some type of way.

"You're really beautiful you know that?"