Chapter 19😌

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
-Abraham Lincoln

I sat across from Devin on his bed. He was was reading through papers pertaining to his barbershop. Shit looked like a novel to me. Papers stacked on top of each other. I didn't understand how he could read through all of this but then again, it was important to him.

The smell of his cologne hit me as the wind blew through the cracked window. It was cold as fuck outside and I didn't see how he left his window open.

I looked around his room and smiled. He had painted his walls red and black which I thought was typical for a man. He had his high school and college diplomas hanging on the wall.

He told me once that he went to school, majoring in General Studies. He didn't know exactly what he wanted to do but he knew that he didn't want to spend his life forever cutting niggas hair.

I respected that. He was smart and I'm sure he could do whatever he set his mind on doing but he had yet to find his talent.

I turned my attention back to him and wondered what the fuck was going through his head right now. The way he thinks attracted me to him. I feel like that's what I was into. Men with beautiful minds.

"Why you staring at me like that?" He asked looking up from his papers.

"Studying you."

He furrowed his eyebrows and gave me his full attention.

"Why?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Figuring you out more. I guess."

He smirked and looked me up and down. He had this thing about him and I didn't understand what it was.

"I already told you everything about me. What more is there to figure out?" He asked before gathering his paperwork.

I shrugged once again because I honestly didn't know. There was this aura about him and I felt like he was hiding something . Hiding what, I didn't know. It didn't feel like it was something I would have to kill him over and I was thankful for that.

I watched him move about his room. Putting shit where it's supposed to be. He stretched and turned towards me.

"I like you Akashaa." He said.

"Oh really." I replied, laying down and getting comfortable in his bed.

"Not in a 'I wanna be your man' kind of way because I feel like I'm not the one for you. You can hold eye contact with me despite me missing an eye and you actually listen. I fuck with you a lot."

"I like you too." I whispered.

Why the fuck am I whispering?

"In a 'I wanna fuck you from time to time' kind of way. If that's cool with you." I said.

He looked taken back. I was confident in what I was saying and he could tell. I didn't know when I started feeling this way but I just knew that I wanted to have sex with this man.

"You serious?" He asked walking over to me.

I nodded my head.

"And you don't want to take it further than that?" He questioned me.

"You have needs and I have needs. Unless you still fucking your babymother." I said before yawning.

He shook his head no. "A dead situation. You're serious though? I feel like you playing with me."

I sat up and rolled my eyes. "Yes or no? Simple. I don't want a relationship and you clearly don't want one either. You my friend but I just wanna fuck on you."

He shook his head and laughed.

"I can't believe this shit. You still fucking your daughters father?"

I shook my head no.

"A dead situation."

✨✨✨

*A couple of days later*

I was sitting in my room working on my clothing designs. This was considered a side hustle and I didn't know if I wanted to expand on it. The project came out of the blue when I felt inspired one night.

The clothes had their own unique style to it. Especially the plus sizes. I wanted plus size woman to feel confident in wearing clothing that society says wouldn't look good on them. That they were too big to be wearing.

I was a little skeptical about people not fucking with it though. I would be okay with the result either way because I was finally putting myself out there. Lowkey was praying that people fucked with it though.

I looked over to Yani who was already looking at me. She was starting to look more like me. She was growing up fast in front of my eyes and I couldn't stand it.

Soon she would be saying full sentences and going to school. Blossoming into a beautiful young lady who could make decisions for herself.

Then with a snap of a finger she would be getting married and having kids and I would be a grandmother.

I laughed at the thought of that because damn. I thought reality had hit me before but now? I was responsible for how this beautiful little girl would grow up. How she would perceive the world.

She was going to be one next month and I decided on doing a Lilo and Stitch theme since she loved that movie so much. I was going to have it at my place since I had the space to.

Baby girl was going to have the time of her life with her cousins. I prayed nothing or nobody ruins her day. I wanted her to have the time of her life.

The theme song to The Simpson came on and she turned her head towards the tv. It was going on 9 O'clock and I knew she was tired.

I let her be and gathered up everything. Putting it back into the bin in my closet, she called for me.

"Ma!" She yelled.

I laughed and shook my head. She stayed yelling.

I turned off my light and decided to let her sleep in my bed tonight. I was too lazy to put her in her room anyway. Pulling back the covers, I picked her up and laid her right next to me.

She yawned. It was only a matter of time before she fell asleep and I would soon follow.