Chapter 14😶

"You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens."
-Mandy Hale

"The fuck is up with you? You been moving real funny lately. I put my trust in you and you gon' do me like that?" He asked.

"I would never do that to you my nigga you know that. I've been down since I first started." They young boy said.

He looked no older than 17. What the fuck was he doing in this situation?

"So what is this about? Don't play me like I'm stupid Nas. I see and hear everything."

So how you don't know that niggas want you dead?

"Man niggas is trynna set me up. I wasn't even on that side of town. I was in Florida with my family."

He shook his head and just stared at the boy. I was wondering what his next move was. The boy looked real genuine to me but now a days that shit he fake. I was hoping for his sake that he was telling the truth 'cause I didn't feel like seeing somebody die today.

"Aight. Go handle what I need you to and I'll hit you up."

The young boy nodded his head and walked away from us. Good shit.

"How come I haven't seen you around? You've been hiding?" He asked.

I cocked my head to the side and smiled.

"Not you looking for me." I said.

He smirked. "Ion think your man would like that and that's not how I meant it."

"I know. I've been taking care of my baby, working and going to school. I don't have time to be out."

"Sounds about right. Baby weight got you looking good. So wassup?" He asked.

"Wanted to see about you. I haven't seen you in a minute. The last time we talked it was good conversation."

He nodded his head. "Yeah. You funny and I like that. What you got going on next Tuesday? Besides being with your baby."

"School." I said before sitting down on the steps.

We were in front of one of the houses I heard he be at all the time. I was still trynna figure out how I was going to get this man comfortable enough. For him to trust me.

"I'm having a little get together at my place. You're welcome to come." He said before looking down at his phone.

"Okay."

He looked over at me and smiled. He had some really nice pearly white teeth.

"I got to go but ima see you." He said before tapping me knee and walking off.

✨✨✨

Everybody was at King's house. I noticed a few people that I've never seen before which wasn't unusual. He always had someone new hair talking about some "these my people".

I watched as Jah appeared from the kitchen with Yani. She was asleep peacefully in his arms and I couldn't help but smile. I got up and followed him into Tina's room.

"She been sleep for long?" I asked him.

"Nah. She just fell asleep. Tired herself out."

He laid her down on the bed and kissed her forehead.

"Chu said he had fun with her today. He be wanting to keep her all the time." I said before sitting down.

He nodded his head. "Yeah he loves her. You good?"

I nodded my head. "You?"

"Yeah I'm good."

We sat in silence for a minute. This shit felt awkward and it never felt like this before. I didn't like this shit. I got up and walked out the room. I didn't think it would feel like this.

We barely spoke to each other unless it pertained Kaliyani. When we were in the same space it just seemed awkward. I still loved this man but what the fuck was this?

Bryan was in the dinning room sitting by himself. This was weird to me. He was always with everybody so for him to be sitting by himself was off to me.

"Do we need to have a session?" I asked sitting down next to him.

He looked over at me. "I was talking to this girl. Everything was going good and then she pops up pregnant. Bump and all. Now I would be happy if it was mine but it isn't."

Oh.

"Ever since Ryan told me he had a kid and had another one on the way, Shit made me want to have one. A piece of me."

"Fuck her. She was foul for that. Maybe it's not your time right now to have a kid. Love your nephew and the new baby like they were your own. You're gonna have kids of your own one day." I said.

"I know that. Maybe I'm just rushing it? Life too hectic for a kid right now?" He asked.

"Hectic , nah. Do you feel like you're rushing it?"

He shrugged. "I don't know Sha. I just feel like there is something missing."

"Whatever it is, you'll figure it out. You could use a vacation or some shit."

He chuckled. "Need to be at the beach or some shit."

"Type shit. You gon come back and join us?" I asked.

"Yeah but before we go, what's really up with you and Jahvon?"

Well as you may know, he broke up with me. I thought it was because I overreacted and shit but he said because he wasn't in the right mind space and he needed to figure shit out for him. So..." I said.

"You good with that?" He asked looking at me.

I shook my head. "I don't like the way he be looking at me sometimes and the fact that I can't read him anymore upsets me. Shit changed for him after his car got shot up and I know he's planning on killing the nigga responsible. It's weird energy between us and we don't talk unless it about Yani. I didn't think it was going to be like this."

"Jah is a weird character. I'm sure his intentions aren't to hurt you but if he got shit that he needs to figure out then just let him do it. Don't get in his way and just let shit be what it is." He said before cracking his knuckles.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I might as well."

"Come on, let's go join everybody else. Don't sweat that shit Akashaa."

Okay.