My Superhero (Ten - NCT)

No POV

Dear god. Will I ever leave this hell or will there be a superhero who will eventually save the day? Everything that is happening is too much for me to bear. Please save me.

Maria pleaded in her heart with her hands intertwined together close to her chest. Tears continuously falls from her eyes and she stare out the window onto the peaceful snowy city of Ilsan.

"MARIA! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Maria instantly flinched, stopping her prayers and wiped her tears as she heard the voice of the person she dreaded to see. She ran out of her bedroom and down the stairs to where the voice is coming from. Her heart was pumping really hard and quick.

This is going to be another long and painful night.

Maria's POV

"What's wrong, Taeyong? Is everything okay?", I asked nervously.

A hard punch immediately landed on my left cheek which caused me to fall on the cold floor. Blood started trickling at the corner of my lips. Taeyong grabbed my jaw harshly making the pain worsen.

"What did I say? I told you to buy snacks and beers didn't I? My friends are coming and freaking didn't do it!"

"I have done so Taeyong. I really did. I kept the snacks in the cabinet first as I was cleaning the living room and the beers are in the fridge. I also made some spicy fried chicken for them. I know you guys love them.", I explained with tears flowing down my eyes not showing any signs of stopping.

He pushed me and kicked my stomach before going up the stairs to our shared bedroom.

"He doesn't care about me.", I cried quietly as I hugged my knees.

Marrying Taeyong is the biggest mistake I have ever made.

No POV

Maria and Taeyong's marriage was set by their parents. Initially, Taeyong showed that he was interested in her and accepted the marriage. As soon as the newlywed fly to Italy for their honeymoon, he instantly showed his true character. Under the good-looking and charismatic profile, is an abusive and crude man who constantly torture and scold profanities to his wife of 6 months, Maria.

Maria wanted so much to divorce this man but she could not hurt her parents who have raised her up wholeheartedly. The only reason that kept her going apart from her parents is Ten. Meeting Ten is one of the blessings on this loveless painful marriage.

Ten is one of Taeyong's close friend and he immediately clicked well with Maria when they first met when he brought her to meet his friends while she was still his fiance. Ten is a gentlemen who made sure that Maria would not feel left out while Taeyong was busy fooling around the rest of the guys. He even gave her his phone number so that she can him for any reasons including emergency, boredom or even when she needed a listening ear. For Maria, he was the best thing that ever happen to her.

He is the reason why she still feel love and happiness.

Maria's POV

I put on a simple long-sleeved white dress which ended nicely on my knees and applied a light-pink lip tint. I had to use a concealer to cover the bruise from earlier. Long-sleeve clothes and concealer have become an integral part of my life since I married Taeyong.