Reversal of Fate (Ren-Nu'est)

Portia's POV

Today marks our third anniversary. I mean my third anniversary with Jungkook, my boyfriend of 3 years. I prepared a romantic dinner specially for him at our shared apartment. I bake for him his all time favorite chocolate cake, set up a candlelight dinner and for the gift, I will be giving him something special which I made myself. It's a couple sweater since winter is just around the corner. On the sweater that was meant for him, I sewed P on the left chest area while for mine it will be J. Heeh! All of this would not have been possible without the help of my best friend Ren. He helped me a lot. If not for him, I would not be able to bake the cake, and think of such romantic ideas. He gave me advises and was always there for me when Jungkook is busy or whenever we had a fight. Anyway, he cooked tonight's dinner as I could not do so. He can cook and he can bake. He taught me how to bake the chocolate cake. Mr Perfect Guy. Whoever marries him is lucky. Hehe.. I owe Ren big time.

"Thank you, buddy.", I thanked Ren when he came in the dishes for the candlelight dinner.

"No problem, Portia. As long as you are happy.", he replied and gave me a bear hug.

Indeed I owe him a lot. He never failed to be there for me.

"Ren, I am going to get ready and dress for the dinner. Wait for me okay. Don't leave first. I got something that I would like to pass to you.", I said and then run to my bedroom's toilet.

"OKIESSSSS!!", I heard Ren yelled from downstairs.

I smiled and turn on the shower.

Ren's POV

Portia has the most heartwarming smile. I wished that all these were for me. Give it up Ren! It has been a one-sided love all these while. There is no point in pondering over these. She will never be yours. I thought to myself.

The truth is.. I love Portia. I love her from the first time she became my best friend. Five years had passed and we are still best friends. I got no courage to confess thinking that it will spoil our close friendship. In the end, she told me that Jungkook, asked her to be his girlfriend. I was devastated but got no choice but to respect her choice. I cannot blame them either as I myself is a coward.

I sat down on the couch while scrolling my phone's camera roll. Most of it are Portia's photo. There is one photo where she was sleeping and she looked so angelic. I felt something trickling down my cheeks and realised it was my tears and immediately wiped it. I felt like my heart was stabbed by a sharp knife. I brought my fist to my chest and pound it hoping to stop the pain.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

"Sorry Ren!", I heard a voice called.

I looked up and saw the most beautiful human I have ever saw in my whole 20 years of my live. She is so beautiful and the white dress she was wearing made her look even gorgeous and innocent. Jeon Jungkook is really a lucky man.

"Haha! It's okay, beautiful.", I responded. I saw her cheeks turned as red as a tomato when I said beautiful. Cuteness overloaded.

"Anyway Ren, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping me out for this special event. Here, take this!", she hand me a paper bag and there is a gift which was nicely wrapped.

"Hahaha, it's okay. I'm sincere when I said I would help you. I'm happy as long as you are happy. I hope you and Jungkook will last long. And thank you for the gift.", I felt like breaking apart when I said that.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pull me for an embrace. I felt my heart beating vigorously. I hope she do not feel it. She might have suspicion. I brought arms up and hugged her too. We pull away and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I feel flustered and bid her farewell as Jungkook might be home from work just anytime soon.