Deep Dark Romance (Kim Youngbin - SF9)

Youngbin's POV

Ugh how long is this going to actually take.

We have been spying from the rooftop of the town council but we are not finding anything suspicious. I groaned as I feel like this is going to be another futile effort.

"Bro, I think they will not appear tonight. They might be aware that the authorities are after them.", Zuho stated.

I nodded in agreement. We decided to call it a night and continue with our mission on the next night instead. Well, I am a ghoul detective. Our job requires us to hunt for ghouls and it has been pretty busy lately with the increasing number of deaths in the country. There are nine of us detectives - Inseong, Jaeyoon, Dawon, Zuho, Rowoon, Yoo Taeyang, Hwiyoung, Chani and myself.

The ghouls are a threat to the society. Many people have died over these years as these ghouls feed on humans' flesh. However, catching these man-eating monsters is tough as they looked just like a normal human being. Nevertheless, the nine of us have been doing a great job hunting ghouls over the last five years.

I'm so glad I have reached home. It's been a long night. Our night stakeouts gets tiring whenever we could not detect any ghouls. I stripped myself off my suit and walked in the bathroom for a warm shower. I really needed this.

As I was watching my television, my doorbell rang.

Who would come at night? My family is not in town as I moved them out of Seoul as I don't want them to be a victim of the ghouls.

I opened the door only to be greeted by the most beautiful face I have ever seen. Who is this beautiful lady?

"I'm so sorry for disturbing you at such hour. But, I have been chased by a group of drunkards and I don't know where else to run. Is it okay if I stay here for a while?", the lady pleaded as tears were flowing down her beautiful eyes.

I nodded and let her in.

"Take a sit on the sofa. I will get tea to calm you down.", I spoke before walking in the kitchen.

Oh my god. What should I do? I don't really know how to calm her down. The tears in her eyes really showed how scared she was.

I brought the tea and sat across her. She took the cup and started sipping on the tea.

"What happened? Why are you out this late?", I decided to asked.

She looked up and answered, "I.. I.. I just finished my shift at the café down the street. When I was locking the cafe's door, three drunks guys surrounded me and pushed me against the glass door. There was no one at all. And when I shouted for help, one of the boys covered my mouth and tried to kiss me. I used my bag to push them away and that is when I got the chance to run away. I didn't even dare to look back and continued running till I reached your house. I'm so thankful you opened your door. I really don't know what to do.".

She started sobbing. I touched her shoulder and she instantly flinches.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch you. I wanted to calm you down. Sorry for making you scared."

Her expression softened upon hearing what I said.

"I think it is safer for you to stay here for the night. You can sleep in my guest room.", I said while getting up from the sofa.

She nodded in gratitude.

Her beauty made my heart beats so fast.

Yubin's POV

It has been three weeks since my first encounter with Youngbin, the guy who saved me from the drunkards. The day after the incident, we actually introduced ourselves to each other and exchanged phone numbers. Ever since meeting him, I felt the flutters in my stomach.