Love Is Painful (Sungkyu-Infinite)

Maria's POV

It hurts the most when the person that made you feel special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today. 

That is how painful love is for me. 

I looked out of the window and saw how dark the sky is. The street is so empty. Only the sound of the rain could be heard. The heavy downpour reflects the tears that have been falling from my eyes since last night. 

How could you Sungkyu oppa.. 

FLASHBACK 

I was busy getting ready for work when my phone suddenly beep indicating that there is a notification. 

'Maria, let's meet at the cafe near your workplace tonight?' - Sungkyu

I smiled as soon as I saw my boyfriend's name. 

'Sureeee oppa! I will head to the cafe straight after work' -Maria

He seen the message. Yet, he did not reply. Usually he would say I love you. 

It's okay Maria. Maybe he is busy. 

I was feeling super excited. Work has finally ended and it is time to meet Sungkyu. I opened the cafe's door and saw Sungkyu sitting at the corner being engross to his phone screen. 

"Hello oppa. Sorry if I was late."

He looked and responded, "You are not late Maria. Take a seat."

"Have you ordered oppa?"

"Actually, the reason I called you here is not for us to have dinner together. I have something that I would like to inform you."

His expressions look so cold that it made me shiver a little. I felt a little uneasy with the glare on his eyes. 

"What is it oppa?"

"Let's break up."

I was shocked by three words I least expect. 

"You're kidding right oppa? I don't find this funny at all."

"I am not joking Maria. I want a break up. I have fallen in love with Eunji. I'm sorry. I don't feel the spark between us anymore."

I was dumbfounded by what he just said. I felt tears trickling down my cheeks and I stared into his eyes. 

"Look into my eyes and say it oppa."

I feel so broken inside. The pain in my heart is like thousand of swords were pierced into it. 

"I don't love you anymore. I love Eunji. Let's break up.", he uttered while looking deep into my eyes.

"How could you oppa? Why so sudden? Why Eunji? Why is it my best friend? I thought we were fine before this? I love you oppa. I really do."

I have so many things to ask him. I feel so sad, disappointed, mad, confused and heartbroken.

"I'm sorry Maria. Feelings change."

How could he say this calmly..

"How about me Sungkyu? What about my feelings? I love you."

"I'm sorry Maria. I love Eunji now. Let's break up alright? I hope you understand."

I was speechless. No words could describe the pain I'm feeling. I got up while taking of my ring and placed it on the table. I walked away from him knowing that I already lose the man I love so much to my best friend.