I Hate Myself For Hurting You (Jungkook - BTS)

Maria's POV

"Isn't the sea beautiful Jungkook?"

"Not as beautiful as you Noona", he responded making my heart palpitating fast. 

I looked down feeling the heat on my cheeks. I felt a cold sensation pulling my chin up and our eyes immediately met each other. 

"Noona, I know we are two years apart and I may be the younger one but I am sure that I love you and I can make you happier every single moment of our lives. Will you accept me to be your boyfriend?"

His sudden confession made me speechless. 

I love you too, Jungkook. But, I can't accept you, I'm sorry. 

"Noona?", he patted my shoulder gently breaking my train of thoughts. 

"Hmm, Jungkook-ah, I... I'm sorry. I don't love you in that way. I love you like a younger brother", I replied with a heavy heart. 

His face immediately reflects the hurt I just caused. Tears flow down from his eyes hitting the sands beneath our feet. I looked down avoiding eye contact from him because I know my tears will come out too.

I have to stay strong and not to break down in front of him.  

"I'm sorry, I have to go now, Noona.", he muttered and turned around to leave.

Without thinking, I grabbed his hands and apologized, "I'm sorry for hurting you, Jungkook". 

He yanked my hands away and ran to his car, driving away from Naksan beach leaving me alone in this cold and painful night. As soon as I saw his car leaving, I fall to the ground sobbing my hearts out. It is not that I do want to accept him. I was forced to. 

~FLASHBACK~

I was having lunch alone at my own desk in the office when I was approached by Ji-Eun, Jungkook's secretary. Jungkook and I work at the same office where he is the boss while I am his subordinate. 

"Maria ssi, can I speak to you for a second?"

I nodded and put down my chopstick shifting my focus on her. 

"How can I help you, Ji-Eun ssi?", I asked giving her my everyday smile. 

"Look you don't have to pretend to be nice to me. I just wanted to warn you to stay away from Jungkook. I overheard his conversation with Park Jimin about making you his girlfriend. If you love him, you better reject and stay away from him. Do you get it?"

Her words made me infuriated with anger. How could she ask me to stay away from my bestfriend of five years? Yes, that's right. Me and Jungkook have been close since high school and who is she to separate us. 

"You have no rights to threaten me. I can accept him if I want. He is my bestfriend.", I responded sensing the anger in my tone. 

"Haha, are you sure you wanna talk to me like that? You better listen to me if you do not want me to hurt him. My father is a shareholder of Jeon's group and he has every authority to strip Jungkook of the CEO position. Also, he has men who can actually physically hurt him. So try me, Maria Park.", she said smirking. 

My heart is suddenly filled with worries and tears started welling at the corner of my eyes. I definitely do not want Jungkook to be hurt in any way. If I say no to him, means he will be fine and alive right? 

I nodded and responded, "Fine, but I beg for you not to hurt him."

This is so painful. Forgive me Jungkook. Only God knows how much I want to be yours.