First Love (Hongki-Ft island)

"I'll be back. Think of me as a man by then.", those we the last words I heard from Hongki, my first love.

I left the airport clutching my heart. It's hurting badly. The tears that I have been keeping all flow out. I have to let him go.

A week ago
I was walking at the park near my school when I heard a familiar voice sobbing. I turned to the voice and saw Soojung, my best-friend sobbing. Her face was full of tears. I quickly walked to her and decided to ask what's going on.

"Hongki rejects my love. He told me he's in love with someone.", Soojung cried.

"Maria, will you promise me something? You're my best-friend right? No matter what, don't be with Hongki.", she continued.

My heart shattered into thousand pieces. Hongki.. He's my childhood friend and I have fallen for him since we are in elementary school but I did not confess. This is because I'm worried if he don't feel the same way and reject me. At the same time I'm scared if our friendship will be affected by this. I decided to keep these feelings to myself.

I sighed and promised Soojung. I hugged her and coax her and then walk her home.

Two days later
I was waiting outside the cineplex. Today I have a date with Hongki. We went to watched a movie and then went for dinner. On our way home, Hongki starts say something unexpected.

"Hmmm.. I.. Uhm.. Maria! I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?", confessed Hongki.

I was shocked by his sudden confession. I have to reject him. I can't tell him my feelings for Soojung.

"Sorry Hongki. I don't have any feelings for you. You are just my friend whom I treat like a brother.", I replied as my eyes start to burn.

I trying my best to hold my tears. Hongki jaw dropped after hearing what I just said. I turned to leave when Hongki suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. He kissed me roughly. I struggled to stop him. He's too strong for me. He's not letting me go. I struggle as forceful as possible and pushed him off me. I ran off and went back home. I locked myself in my room and cry very hard. I fall asleep afterwards.

Present
Beep beep.. There's a message on my phone. I checked and it's from Hongki. 'Hey.. Maria.. I miss you. Uhm, anyway.. I'm leaving Korea, I'm going to the States. My feelings for you will never change. Listen, I will make you fall in love with me. I love you Maria. ❤️'

Without wasting anymore time, I rushed to the Airport. The anxiety in me is killing me inside. My heart was hurting crazily. I ran around the departure hall. I don't care if people are looking at me. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice.

"You came.. I got to go bye..", the voice say. I turned around and saw Hongki walking towards the departure gate.

I ran to him and pulled his hand. He turned to face me with tears in his eyes. He caressed my cheek and kissed my forehead. I remained quiet. When he suddenly say, "I'll be back. Think of me as a man by then.", those were his last words before leaving. I stood there till he's no longer in sight. The pain in my heart gotten worse and I cried my way out the airport.

"Maria are you okay? Have you been crying?", asked Soojung. I kept mum. I'm too tired to talk about this.

"Are you in love with him? I saw it... At the airport last night. You didn't stop him because I know you were thinking about me. Thank you dear. But I'm not going to see you sad all day.", said Soojung as she hugged me.

I wasn't sure what she meant and continue crying. I left early from school that day and locked myself in my room. The pain in my heart was unbearable. I feel like I shouldn't be living here at all. Hongki.. He filled the happiness in my life. He's a very important person in my live. Without him, I have no reason to live. I have no family members. My parents left me 2 years ago because of a car accident. Hongki was the one who made my life a worthwhile one. But now... I'm alone again.

I walked to my drawer and took out fruit knife. Bye Hongki. I love you. When I was about to slit my wrist, my bedroom door flew open. To my horror, I saw Hongki and Soojung with their jaw dropped. He quickly ran to me and he pulled the knife off me.

"Why are you doing this? Thank god I didn't board the plane. Are you insane Maria??? If anything were to happen to you what will happen to me???? Huh??!!!" Honggi yelled as he shook my shoulder which he gripped tightly.

I remained silent. Tears were flowing out uncontrollably.

"Is it because of our promise Maria? I'm sorry. Very sorry. It's all because of me. I shouldn't have made you promised all that. After you left the airport, I stopped Hongki from departing. I told him everything. I told him I stopped you from being with him. ", cried Soojung.

I remained silent as the tears keep on flowing. Hongki shook my shoulders again and asked, "Why..?!!! Why do this yourself?? For god sake answer me Maria!!". Hongki yelling and tears start to form in his eyes.

"Because I love you Hongki!", I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Hongki then leaned in and kiss my lips roughly. It was a long yet passionate kiss. I kissed him back as tears flow out of my eyes. Hongki pulled back and wiped the tears in my eyes. He then kiss my puffy eyes and it move down to my cheek. Realizing that Soojung had left, Hongki kissed my lips and the kiss travelled to my neck.

I fall asleep in his arms that night. The sunlight woke me up the next day. Next to me was Hongki sleeping peaceful. I kiss his forehead and then pulled back and get up. Suddenly, my arm was pulled and I fall on the bed again. Hongki pinned me down on the bed and kiss my neck.
He then kiss my lips leaving me breathless.

"I love you baby.", he whispered to my ear.

"I love you too.", I said resting my head again his.