That Was A Surprise

Jordan POV

As EJ got on the table I watched him. He smiled at me and looked into the crowd.

EJ: aye aye YO!

Everybody stopped and looked in his direction.

Keisha: OO I think he's about to ask me!

She told her runna crew. She stood up.

Jacob: yea ok.

Jacob mumbled we all started laughing.

EJ: there's a girl I couldn't stand when she got here. But after talking to her a while I relized she's a cool person.

He looked down at me and grabbed my hand. Sam smiled big. EJ pulled me up with him.

EJ: Jordan. Will you be my date to the homecoming dance?

The crowd Aww. I stood there. A dance? Like a dress? And heels. Oh hell naw. But I'm not going to say no in front of everyone. Everyone stared at me waiting for the answer. I felt the pressure on me. I bit my lip nervously as EJ stated at me eagerly waiting. I saw Keisha run out the lunch room into the hallway mad. I tried to hold in my laugh then looked at EJ simply nodding. He smiled and hugged me I hugged him back. Everybody clapped. I got off the table and pulled EJ down. Sitting at the table. I turned to him.

Jordan: a dance as in a dress and heels?

EJ: well the dress yes heel not all girls were them.

Jordan: well then maybe I'll go..

EJ: what you mean? You was going to say no?

Jordan: no it's just a dance. With dresses. That's not me.

EJ: oh right.

Jordan: I don't know ill find something.

We started eating. After lunch EJ walked with me to my class. When I walked in I got a death stare from Keisha. I sat down starting my bellwork.

Keisha: didn't I tell you stay away from my man!?

Jordan: I did. But he came running to me.

I said without looking up. Counting to do my bellwork.

Keisha: your not going to that dance with him.

Jordan: says who?

Keisha: say me!

Jordan: your not the boss of me. The bible says I have to listen who have athoried over me. That is president Obama. My parents and teachers. Are you any of that no your a peer. So you can sit down with all of that.

Silent. She was Silent. The teacher came in and she said back down.

_

After practice I went shower and ate then started my homework. Me and EJ constantly stay on the phone. When my mom got home she came right to my room.

Mom: how was school?

Jordan: it was fine why?

Mom: did you check the schools website or newspaper

Jordan: no why? Wait my school has a newspaper?

Mom: yes! It's online too.

I grabbed my computer going to my school website then to the newspaper thingy.

Newspaper: Newie QB Jordan was asked to the dance by former QB EJ. EJ asked her in the lunch room on top of a table. Jordan said yes can't wait to see them at the dance!

Wow. I'm on the newspaper at school. I kept looking through the newspaper. Looking for other things. I saw that Ray asked Sam to the dance. Already knew that. Then I saw the nominee for the homecoming king and queen.

Homecoming Princesses: Keisha Hicks, Maddie Welch, Kristina Thompson, and Jordan Carter.

Homecoming Princes: Jacob Perez, Ray Smith, Trey Young, EJ Johnson and Craig Crippen.

Hold up. I'm nominated for Queen of homecoming. Wtf? That's not normal! What is happening. That never happens with a tomboy. I'm confused. Who nominated me? I looked up at my mom and saw her smiling.

Mom: I just can't wait to go dress shopping with you!

Oh lord. Here we go.
___________________________

What you think???? Comment!! Vote!! Love Yall!!! Stay Mindless!!