First Game

~1 week later~

Today was the first came of the season. I'm really excited. Everybody around school were wishing me luck, but nobody knows me they just know I'm the quarterback. Sam and I walked through the halls. We talked about Keisha and how crazy We thought she was. Someone bumped into me and I just moved back alittle. It was EJ. I haven't said a word to EJ since I saw him at the park. But I thought about it a lot.

Jordan: oh my bad EJ. Ready for tonight?

I said trying to lighten the mood.

EJ: it's not like I'm playing.

He walked off. I felt bad but just keep walking. When I got to class I sat down thinking about EJ and why he didn't like me. The bell ring stopping my thoughts. Damn I thought about that the whole time. I got up walking out the classroom then to Sam's locker. She was talking to me but I wasn't paying attention. EJ was on my mind.

Sam: what's wrong?

Jordan: huh? Nothing.

Sam: something on your mind.

Jordan: the game plays

I lied. She nodded and I walked with her to her bus pick up.

Sam: see you tonight!

Jordan: ok, bye!

We hugged and she walked into the bus. I turned away bumping into Keisha.

Keisha: that you girl now?

Jordan: tf. No that's my friend.

Keisha: mmhmm ok.

Jordan: why are you always on my ass huh? If you didnt give a fuck about me like you claim you wouldn't look at me talking about me or cause drama or me. You care that much?

I walked away with nothing else to say. Fuck her and her thoughts. I walked toy locker getting everything I needed then to the girls locker room. I changed into my gear and put my hair into a ponytail. I hope my mom was coming. Even though she hates the idea of me being in the football team I know she loves me and will support me. The game starts an hour after she gets of work so she can make it. And stop at home get something to eat and change if she want. There's no excuse. I started doing my homework eating some chips texting Sam. About 25 minutes later there was a knock on the door.

Coach: Jordan! You can come into the boys locker room now.

Jordan: ok coach!

I put my stuff down throwing away my chips and turning off my phone. Putting my books into my bag and grabbing my helmet. I looked into the mirror and smiled. Number #18 I walked into the boys locker room sitting on next to Jacob on the floor listening to coach.

Jacob: you ready?

Jordan: yea I'm just so exited and nervous. I can't calm down.

Ray: understandable.

Roc: Your'll be ok.

EJ: Shutup! I'm trying to listen to coach.

Jordan: *mumbles* why you ain't playing anyways.

I covered my mouth quickly. Ray Jacob and Roc turned around and looked at me holding in my laughs. I looked up seeing the whole team looking at me trying not to laugh. Was I that loud? I turned to EJ seeing his face red and mad.

EJ: your so lucky your a girl.

What the hell did that mean! I got up looking at him.

Jordan: and if I wasn't a girl?