Part 45 (Nash)

Please read the A/N at the end of this chapter! It is important!!

*********

"You are not allowed to like her anymore." I said to myself for the hundredth time. I had managed to stay away from her for three weeks. I had to force myself not to walk up to her every time I saw her standing by her locker.

Diana walked over to where me, Luke and John were sitting, and I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. Words couldn't explain how much I wanted her to turn around and leave. She would walk over to where we were sitting, every singe day, just to remind us of what (Y/N) did, pretending as if she wasn't a huge part in it.

What Diana didn't know was that I knew not only what her and (Y/N) did to me, but also what she did to (Y/N). After I told Luke about (Y/N), he told me everything Diana had told Luke not long after mine and (Y/N)'s breakup. Apparently, someone had been threatening (Y/N) for a long time. This person had broken her window, painted in her driveway and sent her bunsh of text messages. No, Diana wasn't the person who did it, but she was the one who had paid that person to do it. Luke didn't know anything else about that, and to be honest, I didn't want to know more.

"Hey guys! So there's a party at my house this weekend, and I know you guys want to come, so I'll see you then!" Oh how I loathed her.

"Can't and won't." Even if I wasn't going to Nashville this weekend, I would never have come to her party. But Magcon was a pretty good and honest excuse. Just two more days and the show would start.

***

"Alright guys, I want all of you to participate in a water bottle chug challenge!" I looked at the other guys in confusion. This wasn't the plan. I shrugged it off and walked up on stage. I took the water bottle and prepared myself for a fight.

"I won! I am the absolute best at this! The champion! The master!" I bowed down in front of the crowd. As I was about to walk off the stage with the rest of the guys, Cameron grabbed my hand.

"I kinda have a surprise for you, Nash. You might not like me for this right now, but hopefully you'll thank me for this later." I raised my eyebrows in confusion. What on earth was going on? He didn't let go of my hand, but brought me down from the stage, making me stand next to it. I looked at Cameron, trying to get him to spill the beans about this whole surprise thing.

"Hi." My head shot up as I heard the voice. (Y/N). "My name is (Y/N), Nash's ex-girlfriend." What was she doing?

"I messed up, big time. I wanted to get back at him. Get back at him for all those years he had been mean to me. At first the plan was to just be mean to him back. Then me and this other girl decided to spread fake rumors about him. And that alone was terrible in itself. But I didn't stop there. Someone else gave me an idea that I figured might work. To make him fall for me. And then — and then break his heart." Hearing her admitting it was way harder than I expected. But I wasn't mad at her. I was mad at Diana. How could I stay mad at her? How on earth could I look at the most beautiful girl, and be mad? Impossible. She stopped for a good minute, taking in all the booing. She didn't deserve this.

"And- and it worked. But the thing was that it didn't only work for him. It backfired. And I fell in love with him too. Again" All the booing stopped. There wasn't a sound in the audience. Everybody was listening to her. I had put her through so much pain. So much undeserved pain. She had to go through so much in her life. Not only did half her family die, but we had to start bullying her. Every bad thing we had ever done to her flashed in front of my eyes. Yes what she did was wrong, but what I did was ten times worse. She left me broken-hearted, but I left her broken-hearted and I made her harm herself. And that is the worst thing you can ever do to a human being. I looked up at her. Tears were starting to stream down her face, but she still managed to look gorgeous.

"After he started being mean to me, I forced myself to hate him. And two years later, I finally managed to look at him in pure disgust. So I never thought that I would ever fall for him again. But I did. And as soon as I realized that I was developing some sort of feelings for him, I backed out of the plan. And the proof is on my phone." She had forgiven me for everything I had ever done to her. So why shouldn't I forgive her for this? There was no reason.

I looked out into the audience. They were all quiet. Some were even crying. They had forgiven her.

"I love him like crazy, and I miss him so much it hurts. I miss his smile. His goofiness. His beautiful blue eyes that made, even my worst days, feel like the best once." All I wanted to do was to hold her in my arms again. And that was what I was going to do.

I slowly made my way to the bottom of the stairs, ready to walk up on stage. I had been on a stage many many times before, but never have I ever been this nervous. (Y/N), what are you doing to me? As I walked up, I put a finger in front of my mouth, telling the audience to be quiet. But it didn't help.

"-And hearing him whispe-" She stopped talking as she noticed the crowd going whild. I carefully wrapped my hands around her waist, and lowered my head down on her shoulder. I could feel her tense. I smiled as I realized that she was right there with me. She was in my arms again. I was holding her.

"I miss you too."

**********
AAAAAAAAH! It's finally here! I am truly sorry for the long wait. I was planning on writing it last week, but I caught the flu.... Anyways, there it was!

Sequel:

No, there will not be a sequel... I'm really sorry. It was very fun while it lasted, but I'm not in this fandom anymore, and it would be pointless to write something that I'm not passionate about. This is the end for Nash and (Y/N).

The end:

Isn't it weird? I started writing this story over a year ago! It has been one heck of a ride! You guys have made this process fun and interesting, with all your comments! I am both very happy and very sad that this has come to and end, but it had to happen, right?

Thank you!

You guys have been more than perfect this past year, and I can't thank you enough! You have done so so much for me!