Part 22

I thought long and hard about what aunt Jess had said. She was right.

If Nash fell in love with me, I could simply break his tiny, cold heart. All I had to do now was to figure out how to make him fall for me. I have never had a real boyfriend and flirting was not my thing. Whilst I thought about that I also tried to figure out whether or not to tell Diana this new plan. She was known to not being good at keeping anyone's secrets, so I decided to not take any chances. Plus, if it didn't work out, I could still work on our old plan. So basically I was trying to make him fall for me AND make people believe that he was cheating on me. The new plan could make it both easier and harder to get good pictures secretly.

The next day I spend hanging out with Diana. I told her how I was going to get the pictures, and she said she would try to get a whole lot of pictures of him and some other girls. How she was going to do that, I did not know. As we were talking, John walked passed and gave me a quick smile before walking away. We hadn't talked since Saturday, but it was okay. I knew it was all good between us and that was the important thing. He didn't seem to show interest in Nash or Luke at all any more, and it made me kinda happy in a way. I started thinking about them and realised that Luke hadn't been at school these passed days. Not that it bothered me or anything. It was just unusual.

As soon as I got home from school, I started packing. I know Elizabeth told me to only pack normal everyday clothes, but since I had to seduce Nash, I decided to pack some clothes that showed a bit more skin.

Five crop tops, three shorts, one floral dress, two pairs of jeans, one hoodie, a lot of underwear and six pairs of socks later, I was all done. I decided to pack my toiletries right before we left in the morning. I know it sounded like I was about to move, but when you're going to make a guy fall for you, you want to look nice. And to look nice, you need options. Loads of options.

I didn't feel very well so I decided to make hot chocolate and watch a movie. I had already changed into my pjs and put my hair in a messy bun. After making the hot chocolate, I cuddled up in a blanket at layed down on my bed.

I was in the middle of watching “Rumour has it” when I started dozing off. During the past half hour, I had just gotten worse and I felt a fever coming. How wonderful was it to get sick right before my trip to New York! I turned the tv off and closed my eyes. Maybe if I fell asleep early, I would feel better tomorrow.

I was woken up by my alarm at 7am. I don't think I have ever felt so tired in my whole entire life. But I knew that I didn't have a fever, so that was some good news. I got in the shower, still half asleep. After my 20-minute long shower I got dressed and fixed my make-up before getting some breakfast.

Aunt Jess was at her place, we said goodbye yesterday over the phone, so I had to walk over to the Grier's and join them to the airport. As I finished, I grabbed my bags and the house key.

Hayes was putting his stuff in the car when I got there at around 8am. He took my bags and put them next to his own. As I got in shotgun, since Hayes gave me permission to, I saw Nash and Elizabeth walking out of the house. The plan was that Elizabeth was joining us to magcon, but she had to work so we were all alone. Both Nash and Hayes had been there tons of times before, so I trusted them. Well I had to trust them, I really didn't have much of a choice. Silence filled the car as we were all inside. I wish I could say it was a good silence, but there was nothing that wasn't awkward at this moment.

We said goodbye to Elizabeth and walked into the airport. It was crowded for a Wednesday morning. Nash handed me a ticket before walking over to Hayes giving him one as well.

“(Y/N) you can sit by the window if you want, then me, and Hayes on my left. Is that okay?” He looked between the two of us waiting for an answer.

“Hey! How come she get to sit by the window?” I just chuckled at Hayes, and so did Nash.

I looked out at all the planes leaving and arriving. This was not at all my first time on a plane. My dad always took me with him when he went on business trips. They were never nice trips, but we had to take a plane, so it counts.

I sat down in my seat, leaning my head on the window. As I closed my eyes I prepared myself for the most awkward hour and a half ever. After just a few minutes I got bored, and decided to make small talk with the boys. You know, working on my plan already.

“Do the other guys know that I'm coming as well?” Nash looked up from his phone before nodding.

“Well do they know that I'm your tutor?” He looked up again, slightly annoyed by the interruption.

“Yes, but I don't think they know that you are.. young.” I raised my eyebrows.

“What do you mean 'young'? I'm the same age as you!” Now I was the one to be annoyed.

“I mean, they might think that you are an old woman, or man.”

“They don't even know that I'm a girl?” A laugh escaped my lips as I said that. This could be so interesting.

“Well I mean, you hardly are.” He chuckled, clearly proud of his little joke. I pulled the rubber band around my hand and let go of it, making it smack my wrist hard. The rubber band theory actually worked. I hadn't touched the blades since I put it on. The bad thing was that I didn't just use it when I felt like cutting, I also used it when I got mad. Which meant that I used it a whole lot more than I really should. This was going to be a weird, hard and exciting weekend. I just couldn't afford listening to all the crap that came out of Nash' mouth. And that was going to be difficult.