Part 9

As I woke up the next morning, I decided to stay in bed. I really didn't need people to see my rather beautifully bruised face. Since there was no one here to check if I really was sick, there wasn't much of a problem. I texted the school (something we always had to do if we were home from school), saying that I wasn't feeling well and therefore wouldn't make it today, and then went back to sleep.

I woke up again at 11pm which was weird since I always wake up before ten on weekends. I guess that just proved that I needed more sleep, so skipping school was a good thing to do today.

I took a quick shower, got dressed and walked into the kitchen to get some food. There was hardly any milk left, and since I need my glass of milk in the morning, I had no choice but to go and buy some.

Sweatpants, a tank top and converse was the style I was going for. And of course my hair in a messy bun. Not one of those that takes like half an hour to make, but a really messy bun that took me like 30 seconds. I grabbed my phone and headed to the store which was only about seven minutes away by foot.

As I walked I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

“If you're sick, we can reschedule the tutor session? Hope you feel better! - Elizabeth.” How did she know that? I texted her saying I would be there and that I was feeling a lot better. I didn't want Nash to think that I was skipping school and the tutor session just because of what happened yesterday. Although that was what I wanted to do.

My face was still very sore and I knew by looking in the mirror this morning that it looked even worse today. You might think that I'm one of those who never smile, and all that kind of stuff, but honestly I'm a pretty good actress if I could say so myself. Faking smiles was my hidden talent.

I bought the milk and started walking home again. 'She looks so perfect' by 5sos was playing as I heard someone yelling my name. I turned around and saw John in his car.

“Skipping school now are we?” He smirked at me.

“You too, I see.” It was weird talking to him. He hadn't insulted me yet and it was kinda freaking me out a bit.

“I'll see you on Saturday!” He smiled before driving off. What the hell just happened? Was he like, being nice or something? I brushed the thought away as I continued walking.

It was almost noon and I had never been so bored in my entire life. One thing is being home when you're sick and don't have the energy to move, but when you're not really sick, it is super boring. And of course, there is nothing to watch on the TV either.

It was finally time for me to get ready. It was 20 minutes until school was over, and I didn't want to be late. I got out of my sweatpants and put on some skinny, black jeans. I swapped my tank top for a white, kinda baggy, hoodie whit “Why believe the rumour?” written on it.

I went all out on make-up. I did everything I could trying to cover up the big bruise. I put on a tiny bit mascara and a whole lot of concealer and foundation. I managed to cover up the whole thing, making it look almost natural. My skin tone wasn't special, so finding the perfect foundation was no big deal. It hardly mattered how much I put on, it still looked natural. As long as no one touched my skin, that's all.

I got to their house and knocked on their door. As the door opened, I saw Skylinn standing there with a cupcake in her hand.

“Hi (Y/N)!” She said and gave me a hug. I had only met her twice, but she wasn't shy so she started talking to me right away. It was really sweet, and she was so adorable I just wanted to squeeze her.

“Hi sweetie, is Nash home?” It was weird asking for him. All I ever did at school was trying to ignore him, and now I was asking for him.

“He's in his room.” She said and smiled at me.

Walking closer to his room, I heard someone arguing. I couldn't hear what was said before it was over and Hayes walked out.

“Oh, hi (Y/N).” I gave him a smile as I knocked on Nash's door.

“Come in.” Nash was laying on the bed with his phone in his hands. He got up and picked a book up from his bag, before sitting down on the bed again.

“Do you speak French?” He said holding up his French book. I just nodded and sat down on the floor. He followed my move and sat next to me.

“I have a test on Friday and I don't know anything.”

“I'm sure you know something! Try to introduce yourself.” If it was something I had learned in school, it was to never make anyone feel stupid. That'll just make everything worse. And try to be happy, it'll lighten the mood a lot. So that's what I did. I smiled and pretended to like what I was doing.

“um, je ma s'appelle Nash. Was that right?” He looked at me a bit shy.

“Well not quite, but almost.” He hung his head low and sighed.

“Try 'Je m'appelle', instead of 'ma s'appelle'.” I said and half smiled.

“Je m'appelle Nash.” I nodded and saw him getting a smile on his face.

We had been going through the grammar for about 30 minutes, and I noticed Nash was zoning out. But it didn't seem like he was tired, it was more of a zoning out because he was sad or something.

“You okay? Do you want to take a break?” Nash looked up at me and stared me dead in the eyes.

“We need to talk.”