Part 24

We all had an hour to pack out and get ready. We were all going to look a bit around. All of the guys had been here before, so I was the only one who had never walked in Times square, or seen the Statue of Liberty in real life. I was more than excited. Cameron, Carter and Shawn were the only ones I had met yet, so I was looking forward to meet the rest of them.

I put on a white floral dress with a brown belt in the waist and a black, denim vest on top. My hair was braided to the side. I wore my black converse this time. I gabbed my phone and hotel key, and walked out of the room. We had decided to all meet down in the lobby. Cameron was the first one I saw when I got down there.

“Hey! (Y/N)!” Cameron came running up to me and put his arm around my shoulder. The rest of the guys turned around to look at who Cameron were shouting at. They all looked confused. Probably since Cameron knew someone that they didn't.

“Guys, this is (Y/N), Nash's tutor!” A choir of 'what's and 'wow's was all I heard.

“His tutor is a girl?” One of them said.

“No Jack, can't you see that it is a unicorn?” Another said with sarcasm in his voice.

“Shut up Matt!” Okay, Matt and Jack. But is that Jack G or Jack J? I just smiled at them, blushing. They all would have to get used to me blushing a lot, because I have never been around so many good looking guys at once. None of them were bad looking and it kinda surprised me. I mean, there are twelve guys here and none of them look bad. I can see why so many girls are dying to meet these guys. Let's just hope that they all are nice.

All of the guys gave me a hug when I introduced myself to them, making me feel a lot more welcome. Cameron came up to my side again, asking me where I wanted to go first. Since I had never been here, and had no idea what there was to see, I let them decide. They said we could go to Central park first, and I agreed. It was a ravishing day today, making it the perfect day to have a picnic in the park.

Before we reached the park, we got some food that we could take with us. I bought some strawberries and a sandwich. The park was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Due to the fact that it was a Wednesday and school wasn't finished yet, there were only grown ups and children there. I looked around, inhaled the scents, listening to all the sounds, enjoying the view of all the beautiful people. A woman walking her dog, or maybe her neighbour's dog, a guy working out, a little girl trying to catch a squirrel, a cat chasing a dove. Everyone minding their own business.

The guys found a nice place where we all sat down. Me and Nash hadn't said a word to each other since yesterday. It felt good, yet I knew what I had to do. I sat between Nash and Cameron so that I could at least talk to someone I enjoyed talking to if Nash refused to. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I would love to talk to the other guys as well, but I felt safer next to Cameron.

“So you are in Nash's classes?” Cameron asked as he took one of my strawberries, taking a bit of it.

“Some of them, yeah.” I said, trying to sound happy about it.

“He sure is lucky.” As he said that, Nash made a weird noise next to me.

“What?” I asked Nash as I playfully hit his arm. You know, trying my best to flirt.

“Nothing, it's just that I'm not lucky at all.” What could I expect really. 'Oh I am lucky! (Y/N) is the best person ever and it is an honour to have her as my tutor'. That is never going to happen. Never in a million years.

“What the hell dude?” Cameron said to Nash, in a half sarcastic, half serious tone. Nash didn't answer.

“Don't listen to him babe.” Carter said, surprisingly all caught up in out conversation. I knew I was supposed to be all nice to Nash, but he made me so mad sometimes and I didn't want the guys to think that I was a girl who had a crush on that douche.

“It's not like I am lucky to be in his class either, so I don't really care.” I said as I took a bite of my strawberry. Carter, Cameron and Nash laughed, though Nash's was a fake one.

“You love it, just admit it.” He said turning to look at me with a smirk on his face.

“Just as much as I love skydiving without a parachute into a blanket of cactuses.” He glanced at me, not knowing what to say next as Cameron and Carter chuckled. Matt and Shawn came next to us asking Carter what they were laughing at. He explained it to them and soon they were both laughing with them. One thing I had learned in my 16 years on earth, was that you should never laugh at your own jokes, so I just sat there eating my sandwich listening to the guys talk about my 'joke'.

“You are something (Y/N).” Cameron said as he hit my arm, just like I had done to Nash a few minutes ago.