Part 5

I woke up the next morning feeling extra excited for school, which was the first time ever. This was the day. The day where I would show them that I wasn't just a loser. Being nervous was just an easy way to put it. I was shitting myself. How would people react?

I got a bowl of cereal for breakfast as I enjoyed the silence. I got ready for school and walked out off the house. My hair was in a messy bun which took me 15 minutes to do. So much for getting you hair to look undone and effortless.

I had my headphones in, playing "Baby don't cut" by B-mike as I made my way to school. It wasn't a very long walk, but I was able to man up for the school day before I got there.

As I opened the door to my school I felt all eyes were on me. They probably weren't though, but that's just a feeling I get no matter where I go. Walking up to my locker, I spotted the three guys walking towards me.

"Well hello" John said with the smile of the devil placed on his face.

"Hi!" All of them looked shocked by my answer. Well I think they were more shocked because I actually answered this time. This time I knew that a lot of eyes were on us. They always were when the guys talked to me.

"Wow, she responded!" The guy, that I don't know the name of, said trying not to act so surprised.

"Wow, a thought crossed your mind. It must be lonely." At this point the people around us started laughing or said stuff like "oououuou" or "Ouch". I knew I had said the right thing. My dad was the one who thought me to respond so good and quick. The guys all had the same face expression saying "What the hell just happened?" and "This means war!"

Nash was the next one to say something.

"Did you do something with your hair and make-up, you look uglier today."

I was kinda hoping he would say something like that, because when I was thinking about this situation all night, I figured out a pretty good insult. Okay so maybe I found it online, but at least I get to use it.

"And it looks like your face caught on fire, and someone tried to put it out with a fork." It was good right? As I said that I gave him a what-can-you-do type of look.

Nash was about to respond but I cut him of before he got the chance.

"You shouldn't really talk, cause it's better to let people think that you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it." If looks could kill, people would be laying flowers on my grave right now.

"Don't be mad, I just helped you out silly." I said as I ruffled his hair and walked away.

"You have changed since yesterday when-" Nash cut himself off before letting the whole school know that I was his tutor.

"When what Nash, when I was your...?" I yelled back, trying to make him admit it.

"Just shut up, will you?" I laughed as I walked into the classroom with a huge smile on my mouth. This was funny already.

The rest of the day, the guys were actually trying to ignore me. They were ignoring me! I repeat, they ignored me! I was really happy about myself. They did yell 'bitch' at me once, but I just turned around and yelled 'thanks' back. It was a good day. Until I remembered that I was going over to Nash's house this afternoon for dinner and another study session.

I got home and got ready for spending the night with the Griers. I hopped into the shower and started washing my hair. Looking down at my wrist I felt a few tears form in my eyes. The newest cut was from yesterday. I could still feel it sting. Cutting wasn't something I did everyday, but at least four times a week. I had tried to stop many times, but it is really hard. I even tried with a rubber band, with no luck.

I never cried in front of people. It made me feel weak, so I always waited until I got home and in the shower. It was my hiding spot. Where I could let it all out. As I gave a despicable look at my body, I felt one single tear roll down my cheek. You ugly, fat bitch.

When I got out of the shower, I pretended like nothing happened, like usual. I got dressed, fixed my hair and did my make-up. I was wearing a pair of short, blue, high-waist shorts, a white oversized shirt tucked in the shorts, a greenish jacket and a pair of my favourite white converse. My brown, wavy hair was down with a tiny section of it braided to the back of my head and secured with a bobby pin. I didn't like wearing to much make-up, so foundation and a bit mascara was enough for me.

Their house was a walking distance away from my house, and it only took me seven minutes to walk. I knocked on the door and was surprised when in opened right away. A guy was standing there. He looked a bit like a younger version of Nash.

"Hi I'm Hayes, Nash's brother." He said as he moved is hand, signalling for me to get inside.

As I got inside, I saw everyone sitting at the table. Elizabeth, Nash, Skylynn, who I had met when I was tutoring Nash, and another woman who I couldn't see the face of because she was texting someone on her phone I guess.

"(Y/N)! Sit down, feel like home!" Elizabeth smiled and gestured me to sit down on the opposite side of her, which was also right next to Nash.

Finally, the woman on the phone was done texting so we could all eat. I looked at her as she tilted her head up.

"Aunt Jess?"