Part 45

Okay guys! here it is! Please read the a/n at the end as well! Got some important stuff to say.

Three weeks. Nash broke up with me three weeks ago, and it has been a living hell. And even though it shouldn't be possible, I managed to fall in love with him even more during that time. There were so many things I wanted to say to him. I wanted to sort things out, to fix it. And I tried everything; Calling, texting, tweeting, comment on youtube. I even called his mom, and judging by her answer, she was clearly aware of everything I had done. I had given up. And all I could do was to move on.

Every day at school I would see him sitting on a bench with John and Luke, but he never turned my way. None of them did. If this was how it was half a year ago, I would have been super happy. Instead of being mean to me, they would just ignore me, which would have hit the jackpot back then. But not now. Not when I know what I was missing out on.

I started thinking about how things would have been if the accident never happened. What if my mom and my sister never died. What if we all survived. What if we never planned that stupid trip to New York. Maybe John and I would still be friends. Maybe my dad wouldn't hate me for so long. My sister would have lived. My mom would have lived.

Mom. What would she have done in a situation like this? I tried to picture her in my head. Her shoulder-length hair, brown eyes, petite body. It was like she was there. I remembered one time when I was still competing in song contests, and I didn't believe I had any chance of winning the next contest. My mom lifted me up on a chair so that I was the same height as her, and said:

It doesn't matter what it is; a song contest, an election, a job, a boy. If you want it, never ever give up. It doesn't matter how you do it, just don't cheat. Follow your dreams, always. If you want a job, do everything in your power to get that job. If you like a boy, do everything to get that boy. Don't you dare give up. Your father and I didn't raise you to be a quitter. We didn't raise you to be a winner either. But we raised you to be a person to never give up and to always have hope.”

Never give up.

I had to do something. And I had to do it quick before Diana, who was now standing right next to Nash, did something to ruin it. It was obvious that Nash was also mad at Diana. You could easily tell by the way he always rolled his eyes when she approached him, and ever time she tried to make a move, he would walk away. I wanted to laugh at how stupid she was, but I couldn't. I was just like her.

I picked up my phone and called the only person who might be able to help me even though he probably hates me.

“(Y/N)?” Cameron's voice rang in my ears as he answered the phone on the third ring. He sounded shocked, happy, surprised and disappointed all at the same time. Oh holy apple pie he was going to hate me now.

“Hi” I didn't mean for my voice to sound so weak, but I couldn't help it. I felt like a loser. An embarrassment. A stupid, idiotic, selfish bitch, who was now about to ask a guy, who admitted to like me, how to get back another guy.

----

I explained everything to Cameron, and he took at surprisingly well. Nash had already told him his side of the story, and made me sound like the worst person in the world. But after I told him what really happened, and how I dropped out of it and..well you know the whole story.. he was willing to help me. We both came up with a great idea, on how I could talk to him. But this was my last chance to make things right, and it made me super anxious.
I just had to wait until Saturday, and then it was go time. Just to more days to wait.

~

It was finally Saturday, and here I was at a random hotel room in Nashville. I had met Cameron earlier today when he picked me up at the airport, but he had to get to rehearsal, so I was now all alone. It was only an hour before I had to be there and wait by the backstage-door for the “signal” (Cameron bringing Nash on stage to challenge him in a water bottle chug challenge).