Part 18

It was pretty late when I got home, so all I wanted to do was get some food and go to bed. Aunt Jess was sitting in the living room talking on the phone. Sweet baby jesus let's hope she hasn't been talking to the same person this entire time. I know that I get bored if I talk to someone over the phone for more than ten minutes. Well except from John. Me and him used to talk on the phone for hours, until one of our parents told us to hang up. And sometimes we didn't even talk, we just listen to each other watching TV, or doing homework. I remember this one time, he had fell asleep while we were on the phone, and I didn't notice at first. It was so normal for us to not talk when we were on the phone, so when he fell asleep, there was no difference. It was when I said that I had to go, that I realized that he wasn't paying attention. It was hilarious.

I wasn't really hungry, so I just pored myself a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. While I was eating, I couldn't stop thinking about the whole Diana situation. What kind of rumour was she planning on starting? I kinda imagine it being something as silly as 'Nash Grier picks his nose' or so. But a tiny piece of me felt like it would be something big. But I guess since it was only a tiny part of me who thought that, and since Diana isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, it wasn't very likely to be that bad.

I finished my cereal and walked into my room, getting into my pjs. After brushing my teeth, removing my make-up and putting my hair in a loose ponytale, I was ready for bed. Tomorrow was Sunday, and me and Diana had made plans to hang out and discuss the whole rumour thing. I had mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand, I wanted to crush that guy, but on the other hand, I felt kinda sorry for him.

The next day, I woke up extra early to go for a run. It had been a while since I last did that, and I kinda missed it. I put on my black Nike shorts, a blue sports bra and my white and purple Nike running shoes. Since my hair was already in a ponytale, I decided to not do anything with it. Who was going to see me running at 7am anyway?

The sun was already up and there were no clouds in the sky. I could still feel the steamy air from the cold night. It was like walking into a sauna, only a cold version of it. I put my headphones on and started running. At the moment Macklemore's “Can't hold us” was playing.

As I was about to round a corner, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I stopped and turned around. In front of me was a really hot guy, who I've never seen before.

“Your name is (Y/N), isn't it?” I nodded slowly. How did he know that? I mean, I wasn't complaining. A really handsome guy knows my name, I got no problem with that.

“Are you okay?” He gave me a worried expression.

“Yeah” Why would I not be okay? I'm standing here next to this guy, of course I'm okay!

“You sure?” This guy was weird, like really weird. I nodded, still kinda confused.

“Why?” I was trying to hold my breath a tiny bit, not wanting to sound like a dying whale. I hadn't been running for that long, but I really easily run out of breath. Even though I'm in some what good shape. His eyes were locked on my hips. I followed his stare, and looked down as well. But not on the hips. I realized I had forgotten to cover up my scars before going out. Both my wrists were covered in read marks. Some darker than the others. My mouth opened but shut again. I didn't know what to say.

“I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to bring it up.” He quickly said before looking away.

“No! It's okay, really! Everyone knows anyway so.” I whispered the last part, but he apparently heard it.

“I-I know.” I looked up at him, giving him a well-tell-me-why kinda look. Okay so maybe I made that look up right now, but you know what I mean. He didn't take the hint, so I had to drag it out of him.

“Do you go to my school?” I asked a bit embarrassed. It would be really awkward if he did.

“No.” I nodded before raising my eyebrows.

“Then how do you know?” His eyes met the ground.

“You're, um, you're kinda known as the 'attention whore', like everywhere. I don't believe that though!” He quickly added the last part. Attention whore?

“But how do you know that's me?”

“Well there are pictures of you all around my school, and probably around your school too.” Great.

I was now 100% sure what I wanted. I wanted to destroy Nash. I wanted him to suffer. I still had no idea how to do that, but with Diana's help, this could turn out to be very good. And there was no way I was going to let him win without a fight. This meant war.