Part 26

After walking around, eating ice cream and shopping, we decided to get back to the hotel. My feet where killing me. A word of advice, never walk around for hours in converse. My head was hurting a bit as well and I was looking forward to just relax in my room, until I figured out me and Nash had to study. It was something I was not very happy about.

I got back to the hotel and immediately changed into my pjs. Nash was coming over in an hour, but I really didn't care if he saw me dressed like this. I put my hair up in a loose ponytail, not even bothering to make it look good. I didn't have anything to do and was soon bored, so I turned the TV on. The only interesting thing on was How I Met Your Mother, but I had already seen that episode.

As Ted was about to tell Marshall how loud Lily chewed, I turned the TV off.

I grabbed my phone, plugged it to the speaker and put Beyonce – 'Listen' on. Beyonce used to be my favourite artist and me and John used to sing and dance to her songs almost every day. All since I was four, I had been a singer, but I stopped after the accident. Not because I didn't like singing any more, but because it didn't feel right to not have my mom with me. It was only a few months ago since I started again. I didn't preform in front of people, I just sang in my room, practising almost everyday. And not to brag or anything, but I was quite good at it. My mom used to walk around and tell her friends how I could reach notes above a D5 without the tone of my voice suffering. Not a lot of them understood what that meant, but my mom was still proud.

Singing was something I had kept to myself, and the only ones who knew about it now were my dad and John. And telling someone was not my first intention. I have never been one of those who would brag about what they were able to accomplish because I have never been a fan of attention. If I thought a drawing I made was cool, I would never show it to anyone. That's just me.

As I was singing my heart out to Ariana's 'Problem', there was a knock on the door. I stopped the music and walked down the stairs only to find Nash already inside.

“How did you get in?” I asked, hoping he hadn't heard anything. He didn't say anything, just walked further into the room, finding a spot on the couch.

“where did you get a key to my room?” The words came out a little harsher than I meant for it to, and I think he notices judging on his facial expression.

“Em Bart gave me one since I am going to be here a lot this weekend.” I gave him a shocked expression as he quickly started talking again.

“I mean for studying!” His whole face reddened as his eyes met the floor. I shook my head as I sat down next to him.

“Let's just get this over with.” I was in no mood to get mad at him for having a key, and there was no way I was going to yell at Bart for giving it to him. He placed a French book on the table and leaned back, getting comfortable.

“Didn't you just have a French test?” He nodded, placing his feet on the table before I pushed them down again.

“Mom still thinks that I suck at it so I need help in French the most.”

“Well how did the test go?” He looked at me like I had just asked him what colour the white walls were.

“How am I supposed to know, I haven't gotten it back yet, jeez!” I wasn't feeling like fighting him or anything, so I just gave in.

“I'm sorry.” He looked shocked when the words came out my mouth.

We had been studying for about forty minutes as my phone rang. It was Aunt Jess. I excused myself and grabbed my phone, answering. I was standing in the middle of the living room, not caring if Nash heard what was said. It was a long conversation where she just asked me what was going on, how I was doing, if it was fun and so on. I knew something was up since she never usually called to check on me. She just text. After about ten minutes, she said she had some news for me. My dad had woken up from his coma.

I almost dropped the phone when I heard what she said. Tears were forming in my eyes, and I had no idea if it was happy or sad ones. I was happy that he was awake and all, but at the same time I kinda liked not having him around. There was no pressure, no stress, no waking up in the morning only to hear my dad complain about me. But I guess that was over now. I tried to hold the tears in, but it was so damn hard. I hung up, not knowing what to do next.

“Are you okay?” Nash said standing up from the couch, walking towards me. I shrugged and looked down.

“Do you want to talk about it?” My eyes met his for a second before I looked away again.

“My dad woke up from his coma.” Nash walked up to me and embraced me awkwardly.

“What are you doing? You hate me.” My words came out like whispering.

“I don't hate you. And we can all use a hug at some point, no matter who it is from.” As he said that, I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his chest. He got a tighter grip around me, pulling me closer to him as I started to cry. I felt his warm breath on my neck, tickling me. I couldn't decide if I enjoyed this or not. All I knew was that I needed a hug more than anything, and like he said, it didn't matter who hugged me.