Ushiten | Painted Nails

(Quick disclaimer for non-manga readers there is a slight spoiler for their future jobs, avoid paragraph 10 for no spoilers)

There was loud knocking at what Ushijima assumed was the front door. The knocks were in a rhythmic tone four times, twice lightly, twice heavily. The 6'4 Goliath stood up from his 1,000 piece puzzle. "I am coming." He walked from the low dining table to the front door. He flipped the lock and opened the door."Oh. Hello Tendou, What are you doing here?"

Ushijima was greeted by a tall redhead whose clothes were baggy and his eyes in a relaxed posture.Ushijima narrowed his eyes when he noticed that Tendou's hands were held behind him as if he was hiding something. "Hi Wakatoshi-Kun!" Tendou's eyes crinkled up with a smile. " Oh uh, say Ushi-Gushi have you ever 'painted' your nails?" Ushijima perched one eyebrow slightly higher than usual.

"What do you mean by 'painting" my nails? I do not believe putting paint on your fingernails is a good or healthy decision." Ushijima stated, feeling rather concerned with the idea that Tendou had just suggested. "No,No Wakatoshi I mean like nail polish"

Tendou lifted one hand from behind him to show bright red nail polish. "Oh. This is the same brand I read about in your weekly manga" The Kanji on the bright bottle read "Addiction". Tendou gave an awkward chuckle.

"So can I paint your nails?" Tendou ushered. "Isn't nail painting something a woman does?" Ushijima tilted his head confused. "Huh? Who told you that Waka? Nail polish is for any gender! It's just an accessory no?" Tendou's arms expanded in an animated way, his words jumping like a salesman trying to persuade a poor citizen to buy their golden water.

"Ah Alright. I suppose you can, Would you like to come in?" Ushijima got out of the doorway. "Of course," Tendou nodded while taking off his shoes, setting them neatly beside a big pair of sports shoes and a smaller pair of traditional sandals that seemed to fit women's feet. "Would you like any tea?" The two walked through the house until Ushiwaka showed Tendou to the dining room where puzzle pieces were scattered over the table. There were some chunks of the puzzle that were complete.

"Do ya have any of that Saffon tea stuff?" Tendou slid the two bottles of nail polish into his hoodie pocket. "Do you mean Saffron?" Ushijima lifted an eyebrow. "Mhm~" Tendou neatly sat down, examining the unfinished puzzle. "Say, Wakatoshi-Kun I noticed there were only two pairs of shoes, is your mom home?" Ushijima walked to the counter that was the only sort of divider for the kitchen and the dining room.

"Yes, I believe she is in her room. Why?" Ushiwaka turned on the stove, the teapot that was filled with saffron, camellia sinensis and water sat on the stove. "Alrighty, Then let's get started!~ oh, by the way do you want me to clear off the puzzle or do you want to?"

Tendou's voice seemed to oddly slightly change pitches and volumes as he asked the simple question. "You may do it" Ushijima trusted that Tendou wouldn't mess up the piles of puzzle pieces and slabs of finished puzzle corners.

Ushijima sat down on the cushion as Tendou set down the bottles. Wakatoshi's dark olive pupils watched as Tendou unscrewed the nail polish lids. Tendou then lifted his attention to Ushijima. "Your hand in marriage Wakatoshi-kun?" Tendou offered a wide palm with very long spread out fingers towards Ushijima. "Satori, I do not believe gay marriage is legal in Japan," Ushijima gently laid his own large hand onto Tendous. Ushijima stared at Tendous face. His cheeks had turned into a light shade of pinkish-red. "It might be in the future Wakatoshi-Kun, Anyways you wanna choose what color I paint your lovely nails do you want me to choose?" Tendou wrapped his fingers around Ushiwaka's palm, his wrist having to sort of twist at an angle. Ushijima shrugged.

"Okay then, I choooooooseeeeeeeeee....................Ah! Red!" Tendou grinned as he picked up the lid with the attached brush. The heavy liquid caused the coated bristles to tilt as a drop of red was about to fall onto the wooden table. Tendou quickly tapped the brush against the container.

Ushiwaka held his breath as the brush neared his nails. "Soo, Ushi-Gushi~ How did the tryouts for the Shweiden Alders go?" Tendou neatly brushed Ushijima's nails. " It was quite interesting. I suppose I can only wait for results. However I am sure I got in. " Ushijima explained quite bluntly. His eyes mostly focusing on the way the polish covered his nails. It was almost calming, he barely felt the brush touching his nails.

"I know you can, You know I got a scholarship to go to a chocolatier school" Tendou grinned. "Oh, Good job." Tendou only slightly nodded. "Alrighty-ho! Your-a right hand-y is done!" Tendou let go of the titans hand (then the Titan preceded to eat his mother). Ushiwaka lifted his hand up to his face and simply stared at his newly colored nails. "Ah,Ah,Ah Wakatoshi-kun, You have to wait for them to dry before you fidget with them." Tendou reaches over to the napkin holder and got four napkins for Ushijima to lay his hands on.

"Put your right hand on these two napkins" Tendou pointed at Ushijima's hand then at the napkins. Ushijima simply obeyed as he hadn't done this before. Ushijima put out his left hand for Tendou to paint his nails. "So, Waka, You like your new painted nails?" Tendou dipped the brush into the nail polish container.  "I believe it's an interesting experience there no dislike or like" Ushijima explained. "Okay," Tendou began painting his other hand.

"Waka, Are you sure your mother won't get mad at you? I don't want you to get hurt again,"  Tendou screwed the lid of the nail polish container. "I believe that won't happen as She hasn't gone physical since...." Ushijima paused. "Waka you don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable-" Tendou was interrupted. "It's not that I simply just don't remember."

"Ah, Okay are you sure it's going to be okay? I don't want you to get yelled at, I think you've gone through a lot."

"I'll be alright Tendou. Thank you for painting my nails they look lovely."  Ushijima glances down at his dried nails. "Okey-Dokey then, If you say so- Oh your welcome! I would stay but I have to start packing to leave for France soon" Tendou sighed. "Stay safe, Satori" Tendou's eyes widened at the use of his first name then slowly closing to a relaxed state, feeling warm. "You too Waka," Tendou smiled as he got up and walked out of the living room.

Tendou was at the front door when he looked back. He exhaled lightly when he turned back, opened the door, closed it then pressed the "lock" button.

Holy cow Thanks for the 6,000+ reads I appreciate all the comments and votes, along with every reader reading these miniature stories. Thank you all💕