CHAPTER 6

An awkward silence settled over everyone, and a scowl morphed on Kai's face.
"You want to leave? Why on earth would you want to do that?" the elderly lady shrieked.
"Why wouldn't I? I was ambushed and brought here because I broke some stupid "law" and now I'm forced to wear your clothes and come to dinner" My patience was wearing thin.
"Well I for one think she should go were she pleases" The blonde girl shrugged, ha of course she'd want me to leave. I think just for that I I'll stay, but I'm not that petty...

Everybody broke out in conversation and whispers deciding on what to do with me, and what lies ahead.
"Thats enough!" Kai shouted slamming his fist on the table.

"Nobodies going anywhere" he growled and stomped out of the room. Great so not only is my mate a narcissistic superior complexed jerk but he's also a toddler with anger issues, is this what I'll be dealing with for the rest of my life, tantrums?!

"Go after him" Lilliana mumbled hastily, gesturing for me to shoo.
I rolled my eyes and exited the room towards where he went, I guess as his "mate" I'm meant to be like nice or something...
After a couple minutes of looking around I concluded that I was lost and I should give up, but to my disappointment I heard him in the room on my right.
I anxiously knocked on the door and walked in awkwardly.

"Hi..." I waved, this is definitely weird.
"What do you want" He huffed, okay geez no need to snap you big baby.
"I'm wondering as to why you're so upset..." I mean it's a pretty stupid question, because I already know the answer, I'm just so irresistible that he has fallen deeply in love with me at first glance and the thought of me leaving shatters him.

"I can't believe my mate is some fucking rogue" he groaned holding his head. Okay...so that was definitely not what I was expecting to hear. My heart stung for half a second, I personally do not care what anyone thinks of me let alone some Alpha, but the whole mate thing affects these sort of things, calling me "some rogue" hurts me for some reason, I am definitely not honing these emotions willingly.
"And I can't believe my mate is some self absorbed obnoxious Alpha who can't seem to get his head out of his ass" I grinned, I can hurt feelings too.

"Do you know who you're speaking to, I'm-
"Yes you are the great and strong Alpha of the Moore pack...but unfortunately I don't give a fuck" I scoffed, I'm not usually this baddass especially to an Alpha, but he's my mate so I can pretty much say and do as I please.
"Watch yourself" he spoke through gritted teeth.
"Or what? You'll kill me?" I giggled mockingly.
He went silent after this, I did have a point, their is nothing he could do to me.
"Look, I don't know you and you don't know me. And frankly I don't think we want to know each other. I know we're meant to be soulmates and everything but to be honest I don't see this working, so I'm going to leave and you can forget all about me" I stated, I'm not looking for love, not right now and maybe not ever, and definitely not with someone like him.

"So you'd really rather be a rogue and go without food for weeks on end than be my luna?" He spoke, I saw him wince slightly, I could sense this upset him, and a very small part of me wanted to stay and have the fairytale of my dreams, but this is reality, and in reality happily ever afters don't exist.

"You're smarter than I thought" I grinned leaning against the doorway.
"By the way, out of curiosity, who's the blonde chic" I questioned.
"My wife" he sighed.
"Wow"
"What?" He snapped.
"Well you all sit their and judge me about rule breaking when you're breaking the most sacred rule of all" I rolled my eyes at the hypocrisy.
"Look, it had been a long time and I didn't find my mate, I waited but after a while I decided maybe true love and soulmates just wasn't for me. And the pack needed a Luna so after I turned 23 I got married. How should I have known that you'd come along?" he shrugged his shoulders.
"Hold up, 23? How old are you again?!" My eyes widened afraid of the answer.
"I turn 26 this year why?...how old are you?" He questioned.
"Turning 19 this year"