3- Beach

I checked my phone and the time was 10am.Charlie should be here by now, I thought and immediately the bell rang. I knew already that it was him so I just ran to get the door and pulled him into a warm embrace.

"Come in ,"I beckoned and he did.He sat comfortably in the couch while I sat on the arm of the couch.

"So where are we going?" I was as curious as a cat.

"You'll see ,go grab some extra clothes and underwear ."

This was me and Charlie no formality between us two friends. He knew me like the back of his .Thats why we wear besties.I cherished this friend who did love and cherish me.A friend who knows my family,feelings,emotions,hobbies. He knew the right time to ask his questions, he was a listener ,patient and obviously there was no secret involved. The funny thing is he once had feelings for me but he never told me. I knew he didn't tell me because I didnt feel same about him.When I confronted him he admitted his feelings but didn't act on them. He then left for the states as a distraction I guess.That's was six years ago and then he met Lemuel. I feel like a bitch for not loving him back but I couldn't help it.

"Where are we going?" I press

"Somewhere...ohh and someone's coming,"

"Who,"

"Its Lemuel,now go get dressed before I change my mind." I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay,"I succumb and walk into my room.I scan my room which is okay and not as big as the one at home.From my wardrobe ,to my bed ,to the toilet,the shoe rack and the dressing table.

I had a hard time finding what to wear because I wanted to dress up for Lemuel. I chose a blue sundress and an extra underwear of wine bumbshorts, a green bra and a creamcoloured transparent beach top.

***
Charlie was driving while I enjoyed the ride with my favourite sing by Mercy Chinwo'Obinasom'.

"I like him,"I blurted out .

Charlie immediately pulls up into a place, I look around me and realise that we'reat the beach. Charlie stepped on the brakes and parked the car.

"Why," he asked coldly,jealousy lacing his tone.

Oh God! Why would I say this to a guy that has dibs on me ,I hope this doesn't spoil my day or even our relationship.

"Oh my God! We're at the beach ,"I gushed trying to change the topic.I tried to get the doors knobbut Charlie restrained me by gabbing my wrist. This action made my face to turn to him, looking straight at him.

"I just want you to know that whatever decision you make,I am strongly behind you,"he was such a gem. "And I'll always love you as a friend ."

He immediately pulled me into a tight smooching hug. "Why do you love me so much, I dont deserve you Charlie, I dont, " I was mentally cursing myself right now.

"You deserve me,"he disagreed. "I feel so lucky and blessed to have you as a best friend, "he elaborated and I sobbed the more.

He then pulled away and looked into my eyes. "I promise, I'll always be there for you," he assured me and I nodded.

He got of the car to get the door for me ,while I did some touching on my face so that no one will know I've been sobbing. He got the door for me and I alighted his car.

Immediately I looked around and realised that we were at the beach, my joy knew no bounds and my heart leaped with joy.

"Charlie ,you really fulfiled your promise," I gushed in awe as I took in the scenario. He did promise me that my first time of seeing the beach was going to be with him.