41 - Last night

My head was pounding with a serious headache. I've never had a hangover such as this. It's so terrible.

I lazily reach for my drawer by my left to get aspirin. I'm not sure I can go for a run in this state.

I hear the creaking sound of a door and that was when I forced my eyes open, still holding a pack of aspirin.

Chisomaga walks in with a small tray and I realise that I'm in my room, when I took quick glances around.

How did I get here?

Last night I was drinking with miss share-a-drink and she suggested we go to a hotel. I didn't mind because we were sharing our sorrows.

How stupid could I get? Telling my troubles to someone that I don't even know.

Chisom places the tray on the nightstand and I look to see that it was food. She made fried yam with egg source and coffee. There was also a glass of water.

I'm impressed.

"Thanks."

She shrugged and sat down by the side of the bed, folding her arms.

"I didn't even have plans of coming here but I had to."

"Thank you."

She took a deep sigh. "Why would you drink so much? For crying out loud what is the problem this time?" She slapped her lap loudly with the back of her palm.

If there was one thing she had Anna had in common, that'd be being a drama queen.

"We brokeup, Chisom. Lilly says she needs a break that she can't do this anymore." I spilled in bitterness.

I don't even know when I started crying.

"It's okay. Ah ah stop crying now." She pulled me into her arms.

I can't believe I'm crying and my younger sister is consoling me.

"Ah, ah, you're even crying." She looked at my face when we pulled apart.

"Lilly look what you've done to my brother." She cocked her head to the side as if Lilly was next to her, as she spoke.

"I don't want to lose her. I can't bear losing her. Without her I'll go crazy."
I sobbed harder while stuttering.

"Lemuel just calm down now." She pleaded, looking disturbed.

"For God's sake you're a grown man. Crying will not solve anything. How can you be so weak? Don't let Anna make fun of you oo." She warned giving me a serious look.

"Okay," I wiped my tears.

"You need to eat your food and I got you water for the aspirin." She instructed and sounded just like my mom.

"Thank you."

"By the way Lilly said something about picking you up from a hotel. She was even the one that told me to come and stay with you. That's when I knew something is up. Why will a girlfriend not want to watch over her boyfriend?"

Lilly?

"Did you say Lilly?" I asked, my heart beating out of my chest.

"Yes Lilly."

"Holy hell." I exclaimed and threw my hands to the back of my neck.

"What happened?" Chisomaga's brows creased in worry as she wore a frown.

"I was having drinks with some lady that I don't even know and from there, we went to a hotel and shared more drinks. I don't know what happened next. But I'm sure we are clean." I explained.