81- Proposal

When I said Nancy was soon going to join the list, it wasn't a joke. Everyone I knew was either married or getting married. It was just me and Tessa left.

Charlie told me his intentions with Nancy and I agreed to help him plan something. I was shocked, I knew they both loved each other but I was confused about how Charlie was so sure that she was the one.

Nancy on the other hand, didn't seem to mind. Last time I hinted her about Charlie being her husband, she took it so casually like someone who knew it was meant to be.

Today was no special day. It was just the day Charlie was going to propose to Nancy. All our friends were aware, just Nancy. I had to do a lot of work planning this proposal. I remember going ring - picking with Charlie.

The interior decorators had done a good work already. The flowers which were arranged, the candle light, the love shape, the huge I Love You. Just, the typical 'Rissa and Quan' proposal.

We were all at the venue, which was the beach. Yeah, a beach proposal. Well we kind of used Tony's house to set up dinner.

Charlie had gone to pick up Nancy. I was just having a talk with Tessa who was looking extremely beautiful tonight as we all awaited the bride and groom.

"I'm not doing boyfriend things again. I just want to focus on my work, besides I love my new place of work." She told me.

I saw her nervous smile as she gracefully held her glass of wine in her hands. She ran her fingers on her arm when the cold breeze blew and sent her chills.

I chuckled. "I hear you. You better accept that guy. What's his name again?.." I looked at my phone.

I was trying to remember. "Which guy?.. Oh shit! Someone pinch me." I looked up at Tessa to see what amazed her.

I smiled when I saw her. My friend, my sister. She was here.

She was beautiful even whilst wearing the mask, I saw the beautiful smile on her face. She looked nervous as Charlie led her to the beautiful decorated circle. Her dress was beautiful and simple, I chose it. It was a dull face rose red dress that was armless with a deep cut slit, of course, it matched her chocolate skin. One of the side was embroidered with silver flowers.

Charlie took of the mask and she turned around to face him. She looked at him as he got on one knee, looked to us that were watching from a distance to the balloons that said 'I love you.' Then she looked down at the flowers that formed the shape of love and the tiny candle.

Nancy covered her mouth with her left hand, holding her chest with the other hand.

"I love you Nancy, I really do." Charlie began. By this time, everyone went silent, we all stopped our eating, drinking, gossips and sidetalks, giving the couple full attention.

"I've loved so many people in this world. But none can ever measure up to the love I have for you." I knew he spoke of me. Great! It's good he loves Nancy more than he loves me. I bit the side of my lip nervously.

Charlie then brought out the ring from his pocket and opened up the box.

"I never knew how much of an amazing woman you are, until life gave me a chance to live with you." Nancy chuckled, holding back the tears brimming in her eyes.

She sniffled, rubbing her nose with her left hand.

"Thanks Lilly, for your help." He said. Almost everyone laughed, I just smiled.

"I love living life with you Nancy. And I want more, I want forever to be able to show and share so much love with you. You've taught me a lot, how to be my best self."

"See this man. He's talking Nonsense." Nancy cooed like a baby as she played with her fingers.

I laughed, Charlie smiled too understanding where she was coming from.

Nancy let the tear fall, "You're the one who has been by my side all through. You showed me that true love was real and not fairytale. You proved again that all men were not same."

Then she went on her knees, looking him directly in the eye.

Charlie shrugged. "Maybe. I don't... I just love you Nancy. Marry me please?"

What an awesome proposal!

"Yes, I'll marry you." She was so sure, a smile crowning her face.

Then she wiped the tears off her face. She nodded very quickly and brought out her left finger. Charlie smiled at that response, picked up the ring from the box and slipped it into her middle finger.

Nancy gasped. At the strange feeling of having this heavy, delicate metal on her fingers.

She was short of words. "I love it. It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you do."

Nancy smiled at Charlie, he smiled back, their eyes peered into their souls. Then they looked towards us, before turning back to face each other or better still kiss.

Were they waiting for approval?

They shared a passionate kiss on their knee. This people had so much love for each other, so I couldn't see them stopping. That was when I ordered the orchestra to play.

The distraction worked and they pulled away.

"I love you." Nancy muttered to Charlie, her red lip twitching.

"I love you too."

They both helped each other up.

Charlie held Nancy's waist as she placed her hand on his chest and rested her head. She looked up him and they pecked each others lips.

Woww!!