30 - We've got time.

Lilly:

I think the problem we have is our ego. I was too proud to hear his plea and he too was too proud to admit his wrong, even though he was sorry.

We let it be the mountains between us.

"Lilly I'm sorry. " I just looked outside the window clutching my purse tightly with my hands.

Lemuel had been apologising since we entered into this car.

It was painful you know. I wanted him to tell me why he acted that way, I wanted to be there for him. But I couldn't because I was angry at his statement.

It hurt me more that I couldn't bring my self to be of help to him.

"Lilly I said I'm sorry." He was almost crying, I heard it in his voice.

We were now in front of my house. I wanted to leave him but I couldn't.

"I forgive you. "

I mean there was something I felt that made me not to be able to stay mad at him for a long time.

When I looked into his eyes and I see his pain, I'm hurt.

I don't understand what is wrong with me but it's like I feel what he feels.

"Thank you," he muttered shakily.

"I'm going to tell you every thing you need to know about me."

"Fine, if you want to." I shrugged.

"You need to know. My name is Lemuel Ikechukwu Daniels. I'm twenty five years old and I was born on the twenty fifth of September. I have three friends that I'm sure you've met. I've had a girlfriend, she was American and I thought I was in love but it was fantasy. She cheated on me with my best friend Damilare, I don't know why it had to be me you know. And now that best friend is back in my sister's life. Am I supposed to be happy?"

Oh my God!

This was too much to bear.

"I guess we all have a backstabbing bastard in our lives."

"You too?"

"Lemme tell you my story. My name is Lilly Mmasinachi Johnson. I turned twenty three on the twentieth of March this year. I have a best friend whom you know and we've been friends since I was five. I'm sure you'll get to meet my girl friends soon. You know I had a female best friend too, her name was Eva and she's the backstabbing bastard. She broke my trust, our friendship when she slept with my boyfriend." I sobbed.

All these were painful memories.

"I'm so sorry." He sympathized and pulled me in for a hug.

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

And then we pulled away.

"You wanna hear more?" I offered.

"We've got time baby."

I chuckled. "I'm a Pisces with short temper and not hot temper." I shot Lemuel a sly look immediately and he got the signal.

He laughed. "Okay I'm the one with short temper." Thank God he agreed.

I shrugged. "I have a very big mouth too and I love kids. They're so adorable. I love to read too especially all the romantic books in the world. My favourite author is Nora Roberts. I love Justin Biebers song the most and I'm a big fan to Jennifer Lopez."

"Well I don't really have a favourite artist. Anything can go but I think I like Davidos song better. I don't like to read, I love solving maths."

What! "Don't tell me you're a maths freak. " I acted like I was irritated.