12 - Graduation bells

One month later.

Graduation bells were ringing!!!

My phone beeped by my side and I glanced at it only to see a message from Charlie. 'Happy graduation day, baby girl. Enjoy your day and do plenty 👠😚❤.'

I just smiled, Charlie is a gem.

Thanks, I reply him.

Today was the day, the moment we've all awaited.

Today marked the end of my university education.

The day when I will leave the four walls of school and show the world who I was, what I am and what I could do.

I am unstoppable.

My dad is so going to be proud of me.

Today I would be handed a certificate of excellence.

I will be free and permitted to mold lives, to teach, to inspire, to do that one thing that I love to doing.

I am do happy.

The journey of five years had finally come to an end.

It wasn't easy, no.

So many things happened that have taught me lessons on how to be strong, happy, to love, and even to forgive.

All those incidents shaped me into the woman I am today.

Looking back, I have no regrets. Not even on giving my virginity to Lemuel. I was happy that it was someone I could trust.

I feel fulfilled.

I step out of my room to meet a smiling, Nancy and Tessa. That were jubilating and dancing to a song by Frank Edwards, 'superstar'.

"Hey babes, " I greet them and wave.

"How far?" Tessa replies.

"I'm good,"

This is the first time I'm seeing them for the past one week. I've been in a confinement inside my room. I only come out to get my food.

"I can see that, so are you set for the big day?" Nancy enquires, smiling.

"Hell I am," was my hearty reply and that made us all to laugh.

The house was empty, no cushion, tv, nothing in the parlour, except for few things in the kitchen. I already sold the house to a two hundred level student and whatever you see in here right now was for leaving sake.

I was all packed.

"Okay ooo, guys lemme go and shower and prepare,"

"Okay, we'll see later na," Tessa replies

With that I go back into my room.

*******
What the hell, I screamed as I heard the doorbell ring for the fifth time. Where the hell is Nancy and Tessa?

I had already showered, had my breakfast, done the finishing touchings, except for dressing up and makeup.

I immediately rush out to go and get the door.

Lo and behold...

It was my family.

Speaking of pleasant surprises.

I'd never been suprised all my life, everything could be predicted.

I'm more than happy today.

"Won't you greet us?" My mom's firm and angelic voice filled the air.