65 - Disappointed II

third person POV

Lilly swallowed hard.

"Yes daddy. I'm pregnant." She agreed and sobbed harder.

"What!" Her mom exclaimed and snatched the paper from Jason.

"Wow!" Cynthia made the o' shape with her mouth and turned her face to the other side.

Tessa stood up straight and Nancy adjusted uncomfortably in her seat, both feeling guilty and nervous. Mabel rolled her eyes slowly and brushed the strands of her hair.

"I am disappointed in you!" Lilly's father spat angrily and his his hand shot up to her face.

He slapped her.

Nobody saw that coming.

Mabel gasped in shock, Cynthia muttered a 'shit' and Lilly's two friends were transfixed. Jason moved away from the wall.

She raised her head up, strands of her hair covering her face slightly.

Lilly held her cheek which was crimson red in utmost shock, suprised. The last time her father slapped her was when she was ten. She was too shocked to say anything.

Nobody said anything, they were too shocked and scared to utter a word.

Lilly said nothing.

She was too hurt to talk, but deep down she felt that she deserved it.

"I didn't raise you like this, I raised you to be better. You are disgrace. I'm disappointed in you."

"Daddy I'm sorry...." she hiccuped. "I was not in my right state of mind. I ... I don't know what came over me... I ... I don't..." she hiccuped again and stuttered.

"I was drunk, I , I don't kno..." she sobbed.

"Who knew about this?" Jason spoke up

Nancy and Tessa looked away and Mabel nervously placed her left hand by the left side of her neck.

Jason was stunned. "You three knew about this. Even you Mabel and you kept this from us."

Mabel almost rolled her eyes at Jason who was looking sternly at her.

"I just found out two weeks ago." She confessed, and bit her lip.

Mabel felt sorry for not keeping Lilly's secret.

"And you didn't think to tell me?"

"It would have made no difference."

Jason scoffed and ran his hands through his hair.

Her father looked at her in pure disdain, anger and disappointment.

What went wrong? Lilly thought to her self.

She used to be her father's princess, her father's angel and he's favourite child. That was why he named her Lilly, because that was her mom's best flower.

Couldn't he forgive her this once?

"Daddy I'm sorry. I promise to be a better daughter. I know I failed you, I disappointed you and I wronged you. I offended the whole family, our legacy and rules. I know I did wrong and I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Her tears dropped to his shoes and held his left leg tightly.

"I used to be your princess and you used to be my hero. Pls let's go back to how it was."

Chinedu clenched his jaws tightly and his face twisted into a frown.

"You disgust me!"

Mabel gasped and stood to her feet. Others covered their hands with their mouth. Jason moved closer to his dad.