Sick

It was only a few weeks after (Y/N) had met the girls that Owen finished the cabin, he had promised to build a better place for his baby girl to grow up in and it was definitely better than the bungalow. But now it had been almost a year since then and (Y/N) was now 4, she went to work with Owen every day but he had taken the day off because he had been up all night with her. She got sick this time of year every year without fail, she could drink a whole bottle of water and still have a dry throat, she had a fever, cough, stuffy nose, the whole works. Somehow he never seemed to get sick no matter how sick she got, usually, there was one day that she was completely miserable, and then by 3 in the afternoon the next day she was just fine. 

Owen was sitting in her doorway, he knew that she would be fine but every time she got sick he always got worried because of everything that happened with her when she was a baby. This way he was right there if she needed something, he knew that she would wake up soon, she never slept for more than a few hours when she was sick. She had finally fallen asleep around 5 am and it was almost 8 now. 

"Daddy?" 

Owen was quick to get on his feet and go over to her.

"Hey sweetheart, you feeling any better?" Owen asked as he sat down on her bed a pushed her hair back behind her ear, she always laid on her side.

She shook her head.

"You wanna try eating something?" Owen asked gently.

She shook her head again, he knew later that she would want to eat something so he didn't try to push her the last time he did that it ended with her throwing up so he had learned his lesson. He put his hand on her forehead gently.

"We should take your temperature," Owen said as he grabbed the thermometer off the little bedside table.

Her temperature hadn't gone down but it also hadn't gone up. 

"You should at least try to go back to bed for a little bit, I'll check on you in a while," Owen said before he got up and left the room.

He went back to her room about an hour later to find that she had moved her pillows and blanket down to the floor and was sleeping there. He always hated waking her up especially when she was sick but she hadn't eaten in quite a while so he gently shook her and she partly opened her eyes.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor?" Owen asked.

"It's cooler down here," (Y/N) replied quietly.

"Well, I hate to wake you up but you really should eat something," Owen said.

She nodded her head and he moved her blanket off of her a picked her up. He took her out to the kitchen and got her to eat something before taking her back to her room.

"So, floor or bed?" Owen asked, he wasn't too keen on her sleeping on the floor but if it made her feel any better he would go with it.

She pointed at the floor.

"Isn't the floor a little too hard?" Owen asked as he put her back down.

"Well, you could make me sleep in my bed but I'd just move back down here," (Y/N) replied.

When it started to get dark he woke her up again. 

"Hey, it's nice and cool outside, you wanna get some fresh air?"Owen asked.

She just nodded her head and he carried her to the end of the dock. They sat there and watched the sunset, (Y/N) sat on his lap, and every now and then the waves would gently touch the bottom of her feet. 

"I love you," (Y/N) said as the stars began to show themselves.

"I love you too baby girl," Owen said an kissed the top of her head.