Okay, What's Going On Here?

(Y/N) knew the path she was taking by heart at this point. She knew how long she could be gone before someone would knock on her door. She walked through the woods for a few minutes before she reached the base of a tree. She put her book and notebook in her backpack and made her way up the tree to a branch that was high enough to be out of reach of most wandering dinos but low enough to see what was going on below. She used to come here to have some alone time but now she had a new purpose for being in this specific spot. She took out her notebook, flipped to a clean page, and wrote down the time and date. Then she grabbed her book to read for a few minutes.

After 10 minutes of reading (Y/N) was about to give up on the day and go back home when she heard a noise in the woods to her right. She put her book back in her backpack and flipped her notebook open again. Moments later, Blue ran into the small clearing below, quickly followed by her baby. (Y/N) followed the predator's line of sight to a small rabbit on the other side of the clearing. The two Raptors slowly advanced toward their prey, the baby a step ahead of Blue. As soon as a wolf ran to grab the rabbit; Blue roared and the baby ran forward, killing the wolf. 

Once the two were gone (Y/N) began to write in her notebook. Suddenly, she remember the time and looked down at her watch. 

"Oh shit," (Y/N) said to herself.

She quickly threw all her stuff in her backpack, climbed down the tree, and began running back to the house. She slowed down to a fast walk once she was out of the woods, she slipped in her back door, grabbed her book out of her bag, laid down on her bed, and held the book up above on a random page. A few seconds later, Owen opened her room door. She took her book down from above her face.

"Don't you knock?" (Y/N) asked, purposely sounding offended.

"Uh, supper's done. Why are you wearing your jacket?" Owen asked, giving her a skeptical look.

"I got cold," (Y/N) answered smoothly.

"You're sweating," Owen observed.

(Y/N) looked down at herself then held up her book, "It's a really good book."

She got off the bed, took off her jacket, and walked out past Owen, leaving him with a confused look on his face. 

"I don't see what that-," Owen said to himself.

"Owen?" Claire called.

"Comin'," Owen replied, closing the door and walking away.

Owen cast a suspicious glance at (Y/N) as he sat down, she put on her innocent face and smiled at him. Another confused, bit taken back, look appeared on his face. 

He shook his head, "Children are weird."

"What?" Claire asked as she sat down next to him.

"Nothing," Owen replied simply.