How?

After getting a good gauge for what was all in the room, (Y/N) began to stack the more durable boxes in order to get to the grate. She had to take breaks every few minutes due to her injury but she also knew her escape time was limited and she had to keep moving. Once she got to the grate she managed to pry it off with a spare piece of metal she found laying around. (Y/N) quietly set the grate down beside her on the boxes and peered into the metal tunnel.

"Not the best, but it's all I've got," (Y/N) said, her voice barely breaking a whisper.

By the time she got into the tunnel, she needed another break to catch her breath. Once she decided that she had recovered enough she started moving again. Even though (Y/N) was a fairly small kid for her age, there still wasn't very much room for her to move around, if she got stuck or took a wrong turn it would take too long to get herself righted again.

"I just need to find a different room and make a plan from there, find someone who can help me," (Y/N) thought to herself.

Eventually, she found another grate that overlooked another room.

"This'll do."

It took a lot of force but she managed to knock the grate off the wall and onto the floor. She looked around the room and after making sure there was no one around, she crawled out. She kept a hold of the tunnel with her hands before she was as far as she could get that way, let go, and fell the rest of the way. She hit the floor with a loud thud and quickly looked around to make sure no one had arrived since the last time she checked.

After some investigating, (Y/N) came to the conclusion that this was some sort of control room for something that wasn't up and running considering the lack of people and things that were actually turned on. She eventually found the door and poked her head out into the hallway, nobody there either. Strange. She kept walking, after a long time she almost started to hope someone would catch her just so that she'd know someone was here. She started to panic and pick up her pace until she was going as fast as she could go, which was an awkward half run, half walk.

Around a corner. No one.

Open a door. No one.

Up the stairs. No one.

Check the elevator. No one.

Check the lab. No one.

"Someone! Anyone! Please!" No one.

The travel system. No one.

Main center. No one.

She walked up to the window, placed her hand on the glass and looked around. The sky was dark and the forest was either smoking or on fire. All the dinosaurs were corralled in the area outside the main center, a dead Giganotosaurus laid among them.

She looked up and there was a helicopter flying away in the distance, already too far to see her even if she was outside.

Had she passed out while resting somewhere and not realized it? Had it been longer in the lab than it seemed? It didn't matter how it happened. She was alone in a valley full of dinosaurs. Scared, hurt, and alone. This seemed to be the trio of her life.