Sweet Memories, Painful Present

(A/N): Just so that no one gets confused this chapter is going to be continuing the memory from the last chapter and maybe a few more memories:

(Y/N) just kept staring at him but let out a screech with a smile on her face before falling back down to the ground a few seconds later. It was so simple, it happened every day, morning, night, nearly all day long sometimes, but now, it was everything. Owen wasn't sure why he was seeing these moments all over again but he wanted something to keep his mind off of what was happening currently and let himself fall deeper into his memories. 

"Come on, you can do it," Owen coaxed, that line brought the next memory flooding back.

Owen was sitting a few short feet from (Y/N) on the floor, she was finally starting to walk on her own and he was trying to get her to come to him. He had a few of her toys trying to get her at least interested in him. 

"You know, you could at least acknowledge me," Owen said. 

She just continued to look around at everything except him.

"I think you're just messing with me," Owen said in a matter-of-fact tone.

She still continued to ignore him and hung his head in defeat, letting out a sigh. A few moments later he heard a soft thump and looked up to see her a little bit closer to him and getting back up off the ground. He just sat there and watched her, one careful, wobbly step at a time until finally, she was within arm's length of him. Once she got that far she tripped over her own feet once again but he caught her before she fell far. 

"I knew you could do it!" Owen said with a smile on his face. 

But that was as far as his mind let that memory go but instead of taking him to another happy memory, his mind took him back to the Lockwood estate. But before that memory could progress very far a voice broke through it.

"Mr. Grady."

After his name was repeated a few times his mind brought him back to reality and he found himself staring at the floor. Once he registered everything he looked up at the doctor standing in front of him. He had no idea how long it had been but the clock seemed to have advanced a few hours at the least. He only looked at the clock for a few seconds before looking back at the doctor. He didn't feel like he would be able to find the will or the strength to stand but he got on his feet.

"How is she?" Owen asked, his voice shaking more than he'd care to admit.

"You might want to sit back down," The doctor said.

His mind raced through all the possible outcomes of the conversation and none of them seemed good. But nonetheless, he sat down and the doctor sat down in the chair next to him before explaining.

A/N: Leaving you on another cliffhanger! Also, I wanted to apologize for the wait with this update the end of my week got a little hectic, and then I nailed my head on a counter corner at work yesterday and I'm still feeling a little bit of the after-effects of that otherwise this chapter was going to be longer.