Come On

Owen's heart seemed to stop beating for a few seconds at the silence. He quickly felt for a pulse, hoping that his ears had deceived him, but he was brought to the same conclusion. 

"No, come on baby," Owen begged, starting CPR.

He felt like he was going to break her ribs but he only had one thought on his mind, get her breathing again, plus she most likely already had broken ribs from the Indoraptor. 

"Come on baby breathe," Owen begged, he didn't even bother to fight the tears anymore.

No matter how hard he pushed on her chest and no matter how much he did to try and help her, none of it seemed to be enough. 

"I'm not gonna lose you, I can't," Owen whispered to himself.

It felt like hours, he had no idea how long it had really been but it felt like an eternity. He felt something that very few people or things could make him feel, fear. He had no control over the situation and he was doing everything he could but it was doing nothing, there was nothing more he could do at this point. 

"This is all my fault, none of this would've happened if I had made the right choice. I knew I wasn't good enough to be anyone's Dad. My daughter's dead because of me," Owen thought to himself.

No matter how pointless it may have seemed he couldn't make himself stop, he would never give up on her, not for anything in the world. 

"Come on baby girl. Breathe!" Owen shouted, more upset with himself than anyone else.

"Oh my God," He heard someone whisper behind him.

Owen threw a quick glance behind him to see Claire standing in the doorway, he never stopped what he was doing and barely took his eyes off of (Y/N). 

"You got a phone?" Owen asked quickly.

"Yeah," Claire replied, the shock in her voice still more than evident.

"Call 911, get help out here, I don't care who just quickly," Owen said in a quick and panicked tone.

"Owen, how long have you been trying to get her back?" Claire asked quietly.

"I don't know and I don't care, I'm not giving up on her, she's my whole world, I can't-won't lose her," Owen replied quickly.

She just stood there and he threw another quick glance at her.

"Please, Claire, I've never asked for much from you, please just do this one simple thing for me!" Owen demanded sharply.

She walked away into the other room and he soon heard the phone start ringing. Claire stood just close enough to the room to be able to give information to the person she was talking to. Owen pushed Claire out of his mind, the thing in the whole world that mattered to him at that time was (Y/N) and getting her breathing again. He had no idea how much time passed, at that point, his mind was just going through the motions, he could barely process things anymore. No matter how hard he clung onto hope it seemed to be growing dimmer each second. 

"Come on baby girl, please, I'm right here. Please, show me you're still in there somewhere," Owen cried.

His mind refused to give in but his body was failing his mental will.

"Please don't leave me. I love you so much," Owen cried, his voice shaking.

He body was shaking with his tears but he refused to give up, not now or ever.