Happy Reunion?

Owen's POV 

Owen was lined up perfectly with the path crossing over the one the team was on. When he spotted the nearly full-grown Giganotosaurus running down the path toward them he began to raise his gun but only got it halfway up before he noticed something much more important. He froze and blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"(Y/N)," The thought raced through his mind before he really processed what was happening.

She tripped and fell, the carnivore towering over her. In the blink of an eye, he raised his gun and fired, hitting the dinosaur on the nose, not enough to do any real damage but enough to hurt. The dinosaur shook its head and stomped off. (Y/N) was quick to get on her feet and turn around to face him, panic in her eyes. For a second, when Owen and (Y/N) made eye contact for the first time in a year, the whole world seemed to stop. The only thought going through either of their minds was 'is this really happening?'The rest of the team was further down the trail and hadn't seen the events that had taken place; instead, all they saw was the man who had seemed so emotionless the whole trip suddenly look overrun by emotions of all kinds. 

The sun broke through the clouds above, the resulting light filtering down through the forest. Leaves and branches swayed gently in the breeze, and even the footsteps of the predator had faded away. Owen's grip on his gun loosened and he let it fall to the ground beside him. (Y/N)'s heart raced in her chest, thoughts racing through her mind faster than she could process them, the rest of her body frozen in the moment. Then, Owen's mind finally let him believe what he was seeing.

"She's alive," Owen whispered, so faintly no one could hear. 

Taking no precautions as to his surroundings he abandoned the path they were on and ran to his daughter before he could lose her again.

"Owen!" Avery shouted. 

Owen didn't even register that anything had been said to him. As soon as he reached her, he dropped to his knees, hugging her, her chin resting on his shoulder, tears rolling down his face.

"You're alive," Owen whispered in a broken voice.

(Y/N) still remained frozen, but for a moment, she let herself fall into it. The smell, the warmth, the feeling of safety, it was all the same. 

But.

She placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away, the look in her eyes switching from unreadable to sad and angry.

"You left me," (Y/N) said quietly.

Owen felt like he had just been shot.

"What?" Was all he could think to say. 

"You left me here to die! I saw that damn helicopter leave! You chose them over me! YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE!" (Y/N) shouted, letting emotions overcome her, taking a few steps back from him. 

"I know this place better, I could easily lose all of them in the forest. I can find Storm, they won't dare to come near him," (Y/N) thought, taking a few more steps back.

But something in his eyes kept her from running, it might've been fear, guilt, sadness, confusion, or all of the above. 

"I-" Owen started but then seemed to lose whatever words he had found. 

He sat back on his feet, tears rolling down his face.

"What can I say? I have to say something but if I say the wrong thing I could make things worse. She could run and we'd never find her before we had to leave," Owen thought.