A New Life

*Spoiler Warning*

Four years went by in the blink of an eye, Owen and Claire would leave for a while, sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few days. They were trying to help the dinosaurs that were still roaming wild around the country. So, (Y/N) and Maisie had to fend for themselves most of the time but they did pretty good and didn't mind the alone time. 

"We should go across the bridge," Maisie suggested one day.

"What?" (Y/N) said with a laugh.

"Oh come on, we've done it before. Plus, there's nothing to do here. They can't keep us here forever," Maisie explained.

"Alright," (Y/N) replied with a shrug, getting up off the porch.

When they got back Claire was standing outside. They dropped their bikes on the ground and started walking up the stairs. 

"Hey," Claire suddenly said.

They both turned and looked at her in a creepy synchronized movement. 

"Where you been?" Claire asked.

"Nowhere," Maisie replied.

"What are you burning?" (Y/N) asked, trying to change the topic.

"Some old blanket. You sure you didn't go past the bridge?" Claire countered.

"I said we didn't go past the bridge," Maisie snapped, going up the rest of the stairs and into the house.

(Y/N) and Claire followed quickly behind her. Maisie tossed her backpack onto the couch and headed to the fireplace. 

"Can we start over?" Claire asked gently.

"I know Claire. There are people who would do anything to find me," Maisie replied.

"I'm not angry, that means you don't have to be angry," Claire said.

"I can take care of myself," Maisie said, clearly fed up with the conversation.

"Hey, it's okay for us to depend on each other. That's what people do," Claire explained.

"How would I know what people do? The only people I've spoken to in the past four years are you three. Besides, I'm not even a real person," Maisie said.

"What?" Claire asked.

"I was made from another person. I'm not me," Maisie explained, sitting down on her bed.

Claire got down on her level, "You're the only you who ever was."

"Ha!" (Y/N) shouted from the other room before breaking down in laughter.

Maisie was trying to hold in a laugh.

"Was that- like really corny?" Claire asked.

"That was so corny," Maisie confirmed.

"Can we keep that between us?" Claire asked skeptically.

"I can't promise that," Maisie replied.

Just then, they all heard an engine outside, Owen was home. Maisie made it out the door before (Y/N) did. 

"Hey kid!" Owen called enthusiastically to Maisie.

"Hi," Maisie said.

(Y/N) stayed on the porch, she had gotten used to this happening. She watched them do their fist bump, high five thing before hugging. As soon as Claire was out of the house (Y/N) went right back in. A minute later Maisie joined her, making a disgusted face. 

"Kissing?" (Y/N) asked, grabbing one of her books off the shelf.

Maisie nodded her head. (Y/N) had no idea where that whole thing had come from. Maybe from taking care of Maisie or only seeing each other most of the time, it was weird. She went into her room, about the same size as Maisie's, with a door that led outside. She grabbed her jacket and notebook and went out her back door, making sure she wasn't seen. . .