Not Up For Debate

After Owen and (Y/N) changed into dry clothes all three of them made their way to the local bar. Owen and Claire were talking about a few random things and (Y/N) was hanging out with some of the regular people that were there. Owen wasn't a great cook so they ended up there a lot for food so they knew just about everyone there so he didn't mind her being by them but kept an eye on her. Eventually, it was easy to tell Claire was anxious to get to the point, sensing the change in the conversation to something she could understand (Y/N) made her way back to her Dad and Claire, sitting down next to Owen. 

"Making small talk is not what I came here to do," Claire eventually said.

"Yeah, I know why you're here. Lockwood's little flunky called me. Rescue Op. Save the dinosaurs from an island that's about to explode... what could go wrong?" Owen said unenthusiastically.

"I'm going."

"Don't."

"I don't have a choice."

"Of course you have a choice." 

"So what, I should just... Play pool, and drink beer all day while these dinosaurs go extinct?" Claire said slipping back into her old tone.

"Yeah, I like pool," Owen said before starting to take a drink.

"Blue is alive," Claire said suddenly.

Owen just about choked on his drink, "Jesus Claire."

"You raised her, Owen. You... you spent years of your life working with her. She saved your daughter. You're just going to let her die?"

Owen took a few moments to look down at (Y/N) then back at Claire.

"Well. . . Yeah," Owen finally said nonchalantly. 

"Come on, you're a better man than... you think you are."

"You should write fortune cookies."

"Forget it, I... There's a charter flight leaving tomorrow morning. You're on the manifest. I just wanted to let you know," Claire finally gave up.

Even after Claire left (Y/N) stayed quiet, finally on the way home Owen noticed it wasn't just because they were in a public place. 

"What's wrong baby girl?" Owen asked from the front seat.

She just shrugged her shoulders and continued staring out the window.

"I know that's not the truth." 

"You're just gonna give up on Blue like that?" (Y/N) finally asked.

"I'm not going to risk what I have here on a slim chance to get Blue off the island," Owen explained.

"You wouldn't give up on me like that though."

"That's different. Either way, this isn't up for debate, I'm not going."

His tone accidentally became harsh near the end of his sentence and (Y/N) flinched as they pulled back up to the house. 

"Would you?" (Y/N) asked quietly.

"Would I what?" Owen asked getting out of the vehicle.

"Give up on me like that?" (Y/N) continued also getting out of the vehicle.

Owen faced her before answering, "Of course I wouldn't, I go to the end of the world for you in a heartbeat."

She just nodded her head and began to walk into the house but stopped to say one thing.

"She saved me when you couldn't," (Y/N) said before going into the house.

Owen stood there, frozen in place, her words resonated in his mind.

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while and then the short update, I've been really busy this week, I promise I'll do better next week! Have a great day/night!