I Can Do It On My Own

*Immediately after the gunshot*

(Y/N) didn't look where the bullet had hit her or at the man who had shot her; she was so close, there was no way she'd give up now. She dragged herself the remaining distance to get around the corner, using the wall to stabilize herself, she got to her feet. 

"Go get her!" Someone shouted but (Y/N) couldn't tell who.

The order was quickly followed by hurried footsteps; without thinking, (Y/N) opened the door on the opposite side of the new hallway. There were no lights on in this room and she took a step forward without looking around, missed the first step in front of her, and tumbled down the rest of them, landing on her stomach at the bottom. A soft whine escaped her lips, and with a great deal of effort, she pushed herself to her hands and knees and crawled behind the metal staircase. The door creaked open above her and she held her breath and a flashlight lit up the area in front of her.

"Please don't see the blood," (Y/N) pleaded silently.

"Keep moving!" Someone ordered and this time (Y/N) recognized as the annoyed voice of the head of Biosyn.

The door shut above her and she let out the breath she had been holding, lowering her head to her knees, a few tears escaping her eyes. After a few short moments, she pulled herself to her feet and began feeling around the wall for a light switch. Eventually, she found one and finally got a good look at the room she had stumbled into. It seemed to be a storage room and on the wall, near the corner, was a first-aid kit.

"Finally, some good luck," (Y/N) thought with a relieved sigh.

For the first time, she looked at her new wound. The bullet had gone all the way through, scraping the inside of her right arm, but mainly going through the right side of her chest. There was a lot of blood and she was pretty sure she could see one of her ribs but she also knew it wasn't near as bad as it could've been. She got the first-aid kit down and did what she could with what was in there to bandage the wound. 

"Can't count on Dad to save me this time. Knowing my luck he left the second he found Maisie and didn't even think about me. After all, we gotta protect Maisie. There are people who will do anything to get Maisie. We have to uproot our whole lives to make sure nothing happens to Maisie!" (Y/N) said, her voice getting angrier as she went along, shoving the first-aid kit away from her, spilling the leftover supplies on the floor. 

She wanted to sit there and cry but she knew that she had a very small window of time to get out of the facility. She knew that she couldn't go to a populated area of the building, she'd draw too much attention and be caught before she got far. She'd have to find the back door of the whole place. That's when she spotted a large vent, a little over halfway up the wall.

"I'll show him. I can do this all on my own. I don't need him to hold my hand anymore," (Y/N) thought with a determined look on her face.

A/N: I really am sorry for not updating in a long time. This is the first day I've had completely to myself in weeks. Anyways, I really did contemplate killing (Y/N) off here but then I had a better idea, plus, it wasn't part of the suggestion that is kinda guiding this whole part of the story.