Finally!

They started (Y/N) on the new medications and once again it was a waiting game. Owen was sitting in a chair near her bed, his head propped up on his hands which were folded together, just watching her. It had only been a few days since they started her on the new meds so he wasn’t sure what to expect, they had said she would wake up a few days after but they had said that a lot and she still had yet to wake up. The doctor had just checked on her for the last time that night, all the lights were down low so that people could rest. Owen was wide awake but everything seemed to be a blur, it seemed similar to being drunk. He wasn’t registering much but something brought him back to reality and focus in a split second. A soft, groggy whine/moan. From (Y/N). His eyes shot up from the floor but his head barely moved, he let his hands fall down slowly as she began to move around ever so slightly.
Owen crossed the short distance between his chair and her bed in one step. He watched her for a few moments before her eyes began to open. It took a few seconds for everything to come into focus but once it did there was immediate eye contact between to two of them.
“Daddy?” (Y/N) spoke, her voice weak and scared.
“It’s okay baby girl, I’m here,” Owen reassured her gently, subconsciously taking her hand in his.
“What happened?” (Y/N) asked, her voice still struggling to stay audible.
“A lot, but you’re okay now and that’s what matters,” Owen answered simply.
He could tell she was still worn out and tired.
“It’s okay sweetheart, you can go back to sleep for a while, I’m not going anywhere,” Owen reassured her quietly.
After (Y/N) fell back asleep Owen finally felt like he could relax at least a little. When the doctor came to check on her the next morning she found Owen sound asleep with his head resting on her bed, her hand still in his. She was just finishing up writing some stuff down when Owen woke up, it didn’t take long for him to register what was going on.
“She woke up last night,” Owen said.
“I know,” The doctor replied.
Owen gave her a confused look.
“When I checked on her vitals last night everything was pointing towards her waking up sometime soon so I hung around for a while,” The doctor explained.
A few hours later Owen had gone back to sleep in the same position as before and (Y/N) was starting to come back around again. She slowly looked around at her surroundings again to make sure the last time wasn’t just a dream. This time she took everything in, the drawings, stuffed animals, books, everything. Then her eyes fell on Owen, even though she was young she could figure out that he hadn’t slept much and didn’t want to wake him up. So, she just sat there for a while before falling back asleep.

A/N: So, school started for me two days ago and I don’t have a study hall this year (even though I signed up for one and have gotten one the past 3 years without signing up for one. . . I’m definitely not a bit upset lol) so I don’t know how frequent updates will be but I’ll try my best to keep them coming on a fairly regular schedule, please just bare with me!