Hide And Hope

(Y/N) stayed in her hiding place for a few hours, she had no clue what to do. She had just been told that her Dad was dead, she was in a strange place, and she had no clue who she could trust. It began to seem like the world was against her from the very start. Suddenly, she heard a bunch of crashes and screams, making her jump slightly. A few moments later a dino that looked similar to a Pachycephalosaurus ran through the room below, she couldn't put a name to the dino but she didn't have much time to think before she heard another dino roar, which sounded a lot like a hiss but had a familiar tone that made the hair on her arms stand up. This was shortly followed by the clanking of metal and more screams. Her hiding place was good enough to escape people but even she knew that a dino would have no trouble finding her. She frantically searched for a new place to hide, even if there was a dino on the loose there would still be guards everywhere, she didn't have better odds with people. 

Meanwhile, Owen, Claire, and Maise had just made it into the same room that (Y/N) had been in shortly before. The Indoraptor was on top of the Triceratops skull while all three of them hid below since it was their only option. They all figured it was just toying with them since it was mostly Raptor it's sense of smell had to be similar, but you can hope can't you? Unfortunately, the walkie-talkie left behind by one of the Indoraptors latest victims decided that it was a good time to work and someone start calling through it in an attempt to make contact with someone who was dead. 

"Run!" Owen shouted just before the Indoraptor jumped down from its perch.

All three of them made their way to the metal spiral staircase. Owen only made it halfway up before the Indoraptor broke through the bars, he pushed back on the bars and the dinos jaws snapped shut over and over again on nothing until it suddenly stopped. It turned its head to look behind it into the room connected to the current one, it sniffed the air before letting go of the bars and running off into the other room, most likely after prey that would put up less of a fight. Owen froze for a few moments before Claire called from above him.

"Owen!"

He looked up at her for a second and then to where the Indoraptor had disappeared to then continued up the stairs. 

What pulled the Indoraptors attention? It's true, weaker prey. Unfortunately, it's not something it had attacked previously that managed to survive. (Y/N) had only made it into the next room before she had to find a hiding place or risk being out in the open for too long. There was a secrete door built into one of the walls that she managed to find but when she heard all the racket from the Indoraptor destroying the stair she had involuntarily let out a cry. And if you remember back to the day before Claire came to recruit Owen she had gotten a cut on her hand from the bullies at school which had reopened during her run up the metal stairs to get away from the guard. This was what drew the Indoraptor to her the most.

Owen killed the power and while they were walking through the small exhibits they heard a scream, while Claire didn't recognize it over the dino roar/hiss that came with it Owen did. And it was a sound that would haunt him for years. 

"(Y/N)," Owen breathed dreadfully.